Congrats DBK!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I found I get used to it pretty quickly. First handful of drives with a new car I'm paranoid about everyone else, but after a couple of months it's like driving anything else.

Next time, perhaps suggest he drive it more?

I completely agree, he needs to drive his stuff more. I didn't ever enjoy any of my cars, until my ACR when I decided it was time to give track driving a go.

I'm hooked. If I could, I would be at a different track every weekend. My only problem is, I don't find it nearly as interesting to drive on the street anymore.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Friend said "I have always wanted a new caddy but haven't bought one because I was afraid of it getting messed up. Now it has a dent, it is my dent, I know how it got there and I am no longer going to worry about it!" Took his keys and drove off.

I listen to Jason Ellis on Sirius and he always used to talk about one day getting a Lambo and the first thing he would do is key it so he wouldnt have to worry about it

Dan Millen drove a ****in Pro Mod through a Burger King drive through and managed to not get arrested.

I remember that video, did that shit in the winter with snow piled up on the sides of the road too wasnt it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've driven my 06 30,000 miles in 8 countries on 11 race tracks. Not a matter of not being used it, matter of times changing. There was no such thing as an iPhone or a GoPro in 2005.

Also partly because where I live street racing, drag cars, loud cars, etc is a way of life. A little over 15 years ago cops were holding up traffic so cars could drag race off street lights on a divided 8 lane main road. That was the origin days of WDC. Dan Millen drove a ****in Pro Mod through a Burger King drive through and managed to not get arrested. Environment can be dicey when you add 1,000 amateur videographers to that mix.

Dan needs to make a sequel. Perhaps to White Castle this time?

I completely agree, he needs to drive his stuff more. I didn't ever enjoy any of my cars, until my ACR when I decided it was time to give track driving a go.

I'm hooked. If I could, I would be at a different track every weekend. My only problem is, I don't find it nearly as interesting to drive on the street anymore.

That's why I like my vehicles to have a designated purpose and long term vision. Makes it easier to accept the hazards of its use.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I listen to Jason Ellis on Sirius and he always used to talk about one day getting a Lambo and the first thing he would do is key it so he wouldnt have to worry about it

I have a customer that owns a local construction company, buys a new Platinum F-350 every year. Every year when he picks it up, he switches over his tool box and equipment, while doing so, he drops the tailgate, grabs his sledge hammer, and leaves a dent the size of a grape fruit in the center of it for that reason exactly.

That's why I like my vehicles to have a designated purpose and long term vision. Makes it easier to accept the hazards of its use.

I like that idea. I would like to pick up a fun street car, and just set the ACR up for track use only.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Dan needs to make a sequel. Perhaps to White Castle this time?

He certainly could.

I always laugh when people ask about inspections. What are these inspections you speak of? You mean you have to get your no-seatbelt bathtub with a blown BBC running ET Drags and leaded fuel inspected where you live?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
He certainly could.

I always laugh when people ask about inspections. What are these inspections you speak of? You mean you have to get your no-seatbelt bathtub with a blown BBC running ET Drags and leaded fuel inspected where you live?
Depends on what year the car was built. lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ they used liquid blue on the shelbys and raptor show cars which was unavailable on production. FGT got that option.

And DBK car looks beyond incredible. I couldn't drive it on the street without living in constant fear

Somehow the Fiesta ST got out and some lucky bastard picked it up for quite a bit less than MSRP because it had miles on it but it was still "new".

^^^ I just looked it up, that's wrong. Turns out Ford had "owned" it first and then sold it with 57 miles on it.

img-0143-1.jpg

I would have warned you before but I wanted more track buddies lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
He certainly could.

Same story in SC.

Users who are viewing this thread