'Conditions at the Sochi Olympics are bad/hilarious'

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Sorry if repost, i glanced at the first two pages first.

A friend posted this up on facebook and i couldn't believe it. I could understand getting behind and not having enough time to fully prep, but these conditions are as if they just started renovations last month. Its hard to believe they expect the top athletes in the world to perform their best when they are spending their off time like this.

Link to all 32 photos: Journalist Photos of Sochi Olympics Conditions (32 Photos) : theCHIVE

Here are a few that are just 'wtf'

sochi-olympics-0.jpg

sochi-olympics-8.jpg

sochi-olympics-6.jpg

sochi-olympics-14.jpg

sochi-olympics-21.jpg

sochi-olympics-26.jpg

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Yeah, I've been seeing these reports on Pardon the Interuption and Around the Horn. They complain but will still attend and participate. The Olympic committee should be ashamed for allowing conditions like this in a supposed 1st world country.

Several reports circulated about non drinkable water, it's literally yellow in pics and they want you to put used toilet paper in the waste basket and not flush it as the plumbing cannot handle it. Appauling to say the least. Their were signs saying not to drink or wash your face with water from certain areas as the chemicals could cause harm.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Because Russia

In Mother Russia, tap water pees on you.

o-SOCHI-WATER-570.jpg

Lol, jesus thats bad. If you guys have anymore i (my link) missed post them up.

How can you know the entire world will be all eyes on your city and yet still fall this short. As a country I would be pissed, it gives off a horrible image of Russia... not that its exactly thought of as the most glamorous place to begin with. But this could have been a chance to at least combat that stigma, not strengthen it.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
What I LOL at is all these assholes going to Eastern Europe and being surprised when they find that it's EASTERN EUROPE!

Adiabatik

Banned
Im actually getting tired of hearing about how Russia is royally screwing this shit up because its one thing after another.

The Olympic committee is to blame as well. Sochi is officially classified as a suptropical resort. WHY THE **** ARE THE WINTER OLYMPICS BEING ELD IN A SUBTROPICAL RESORT????

WTF OLYMPIC COMMITTEE?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Im actually getting tired of hearing about how Russia is royally screwing this shit up because its one thing after another.

The Olympic committee is to blame as well. Sochi is officially classified as a suptropical resort. WHY THE **** ARE THE WINTER OLYMPICS BEING ELD IN A SUBTROPICAL RESORT????

WTF OLYMPIC COMMITTEE?

Even worse, Sochi is just about the closest major city they could have chosen that is RIGHT NEXT TO a million angry Chechens. WTF.....

Copper&Black

Established Member
Gotta love that Russian "clean burning" olympic flame

flame_zpsbe6ea0a7.jpg

I imagine it was a test run using shitty fuel but WTF

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yeah, I've been seeing these reports on Pardon the Interuption and Around the Horn. They complain but will still attend and participate. The Olympic committee should be ashamed for allowing conditions like this in a supposed 1st world country.

they want you to put used toilet paper in the waste basket and not flush it as the plumbing cannot handle it. Appauling to say the least. .

That is exactly what it like in Crete when i was there several years ago...the water hovever was drinkable and clear. I still bought bottled water though

Toilets were the same...i remember pissing right next to chicks at the bars lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw many of those photos on the news last night. The sign telling those using the toilets to NOT flush the toilet paper, but instead to put it into the exposed pail, is beyond funny. All the way to ridiculous! The conditions there are funny, sad, deplorable, sickening, embarrassing, etc. But we ARE talking about Russia. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread