Condensation dripping on passenger header.

awakened

Established Member
It's clear and odorless so I assume it's some type of condensation, maybe from the A/C system. What's unusual is that it's enough when I shut the car down to be distracting with all the popping and hissing as it boils off the header collector. Is this normal. Do I find the source and re-route it off the header or is this an indication of a bigger problem that I should look into?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

IllCobra

Established Member
I would consider fixing if i were you. I have the same issue and am planning on fixing it when i am reinstalling the motor. After i removed my Mac LT headers, i could clearly see that the header that had the condensation dripping on it was more rusty, even had a slight crack, than the header that wasn't getting dripped on.

**Edit**
Actually, i just went to go look at the headers and the passenger header is only slightly more rusty than the driver side, but i still think the crack on the passenger side was a result of the constant dripping.

Last edited:

awakened

Established Member
Good to know that it is normal but man does it sound bad when I turn off the car after a long ride.

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
When my buddy took his Mac headers off they were rusted from the dripping.

awakened

Established Member
I'm going to look to see if I can just divert it a little towards the outside of the car so it drops to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread