Concrete patio

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Hello guys I am having a concrete patio poured tomorrow. I really want color, I don't want the standard grey concrete. I was curious which is better. Buy a gallon of stain at Home Depot and stain the grey concrete. Or buy the liquid dye and mix it in and pour he concrete a color? I'm looking for a tan earth tone pad.

Thanks,

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If you're doing it yourself, stain about 30 days later. It's hard to get dye packs correct unless you have experience.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
I have a "concrete guy" who is doing it. I am not attempting it. He told me he would just go the stain route from Home Depot instead of mixing the color in dye.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
I guess it's integral color vs topical color stain.
Is the question of which one is better.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Thanks guys. I ended up going with regular ol' grey concrete. I will stain/paint it later. I initially picked a color with surface color hardener and liked the idea it strengthen the surface but was nervous I might not like the color. With stain I can change the color many times. AWESOME. thats the route I will take

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Post before and after pictures once complete and painted. Would like to see how this comes out. My parents are thinking of doing this to their place.

Users who are viewing this thread