computer guys need some help!!!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Non-Wireless router? Its a cable modem:shrug:. I will check the firewall tonight, I am not sure. I had plugged my IPOD in to play some music. I took it out, a little while later I walked by the computer and ITUNES was up on the main screen, I just happened to look at it and I saw on the bottom left side this persons name I clicked on the arrow next to it and his music showed up. Windows XP, dell laptop. Thanks for the help, made a police report already, I am just wondering how this is possible.

ScreenHunter_0120Dec.gif

Was his name in that area?

kameleongt

Established Member
OP i'm guessing you signed on to his network since you are "wired in". You also said you were on a laptop i'm not sure how long ago laptops didn't come with wireless built in but how old is your laptop?

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
Non-Wireless router? Its a cable modem:shrug:. I will check the firewall tonight, I am not sure. I had plugged my IPOD in to play some music. I took it out, a little while later I walked by the computer and ITUNES was up on the main screen, I just happened to look at it and I saw on the bottom left side this persons name I clicked on the arrow next to it and his music showed up. Windows XP, dell laptop. Thanks for the help, made a police report already, I am just wondering how this is possible.

a router splits the connection they don't have to be wireless. and if you had one it would be a bit harder to hack in.also do you have any antivirus software running they also sometimes help as they can find hack tools like dreampack,winscanx

do you have the motorola surfboard modem ? does it have a little antenna sticking out?

to hack into someones pc is a little time consuming. Its even made easier if you both are on the same provider and the same node (being neighbors means you are)

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
a router splits the connection they don't have to be wireless. and if you had one it would be a bit harder to hack in.also do you have any antivirus software running they also sometimes help as they can find hack tools like dreampack,winscanx

do you have the motorola surfboard modem ? does it have a little antenna sticking out?

to hack into someones pc is a little time consuming. Its even made easier if you both are on the same provider and the same node (being neighbors means you are)

No antenna sticking out of the modem. No its not the motorola sufboard, I will check what type it is. Not in NY right now.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Ok, I'm starting to think that this guy is trolling us...

Not the case. I have been traveling. Yes, I am pretty sure his name was in that area. The building has cables running on the ceiling throught the floors, they are covered by plastic plates. I saw that this guy had the plate pulled up and a cable going through his wall, nobody else has the cable this way.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
exactly what i was thinking.. OP take a few steps back and try and describe in more detail what you mean by you aw his itunes info

My itunes was open on my computer. My IPOD was plugged in, it sat like that for a couple of hours. I went over to the computer to turn it off and I noticed this persons name on the left side of itunes, i clicked on it and his music showed up. My original question was how can this happen? through sharing? I dont know much about itunes, this is the reason of asking people on here, not for idiotic/useless answers from certain deprived people.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Not the case. I have been traveling. Yes, I am pretty sure his name was in that area. The building has cables running on the ceiling throught the floors, they are covered by plastic plates. I saw that this guy had the plate pulled up and a cable going through his wall, nobody else has the cable this way.

with that being said it does seem like he could have split your cable and added terminals on your cable. he could then have plugged it into a hub and could very well be leeching your connection.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
My itunes was open on my computer. My IPOD was plugged in, it sat like that for a couple of hours. I went over to the computer to turn it off and I noticed this persons name on the left side of itunes, i clicked on it and his music showed up. My original question was how can this happen? through sharing? I dont know much about itunes, this is the reason of asking people on here, not for idiotic/useless answers from certain deprived people.

what i would do is if it happens again, select all the bastards music and delete it all!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread