computer guys need some help!!!

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
ok so i had my computer on and i plugged my ipod in and on itunes my neighbor's ipod information showed??whats the deal? i dont have a wireless router is there a way he got my ip address and hacked into my computer and his ipod was still plugged on his computer?? the guy is a weirdo.. i need some info

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
So you DON'T have a wireless router? Are you on cable internet or DSL? Is your PC's firewall enabled? How do you know it's your neighbors iPod info being displayed?

U.M.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Does your computer have a wireless card in it? Maybe you were unintentionally logged into HIS wireless network.

If not, maybe you should ask your wife why your neighbor was over on your computer. :uh oh:

^ Just kidding, of course...

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
low blow:-D

No wireless card. Last night this weirdo started buzzing the apartment from downstairs and the first time I didnt catch him, as I went down the elevator he went up the stairs. BUT he didnt it a second time a few hours later and I caught him in the lobby. The super knew what was going on and called the cops and we made a report, etc. I think the clown got the point when I suprised him downstairs as he is standing right in front of the buzzer. but now this shit with the ipod. I am a little worried, how can he hack into the computer?

txyaloo

Established Member
Thats why I came in here asking for information. What makes no sense? I looked at my laptop and my Ipod was plugged in for a while. On the list thing on the left on itunes showed this guys name with his ipod songs.

All of it makes no sense. iTunes doesn't show the list of songs on an ipod without having the ipod physically connected to the computer. It doesn't store the list of songs nor does it store the name of the previously synced ipod.

Second, even if your story were true, he'd need physical access to your computer. I can't connect an ipod to my laptop and sync it over the network to my desktop. So again, it makes no sense.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The ONLY way you would see this guys music would be if you were on the same network as him and he had sharing turned on. This WOULD show his name (if he chose to name it that way) on the side of iTunes. If you were to click it, yes you would see his music. Other than that, your story makes absolutely NO SENSE at all.

Why would he hack your computer to show his iTune's music? Unless he is trying to tell you that you have shitty taste in music, listen to something better.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
The ONLY way you would see this guys music would be if you were on the same network as him and he had sharing turned on. This WOULD show his name (if he chose to name it that way) on the side of iTunes. If you were to click it, yes you would see his music. Other than that, your story makes absolutely NO SENSE at all.

Why would he hack your computer to show his iTune's music? Unless he is trying to tell you that you have shitty taste in music, listen to something better.

That's what I'm thinking this guy is seeing.

Question for you, OP. Is your internet "free" at your apartment? If so, I'd be willing to bet all of the apartments are linked in together. That's what happened at my old apartment with "free" internet. I could see anyone and everyone's shared music list on iTunes (if they had sharing turned on).

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
When your in iTunes, go to Prefrences. Then go to Sharing. Then uncheck the sharing box.

hope this helps you.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
04cobra23, I'd go to majorgeeks.com & ask on their forums. I've never heard of this so I don't know.

They have top notch experts there that will be able to help you.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
your post is retarded because you posted without thinking about it, if you are not on the same network then he cannot access your itunes, nor can you access his.

If you have no wireless router, then how could he hack into your computer, how would he know what your ip is that's provided from your ISP. With no wifi it's pretty much a physical impossibility.

What you posted is the equivalent of asking "how can I watch tv on my microwave oven if it has no cable connected into it"................retarded

you think you need a wireless router in order to get hacked...lol.

OP i have not seen you answer do you have the firewall turned on? do you have a non wireless router? when you saw his name was it after a an itunes update?
what OS do you have?

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member

OP i have not seen you answer do you have the firewall turned on? do you have a non wireless router? when you saw his name was it after a an itunes update?
what OS do you have?

Non-Wireless router? Its a cable modem:shrug:. I will check the firewall tonight, I am not sure. I had plugged my IPOD in to play some music. I took it out, a little while later I walked by the computer and ITUNES was up on the main screen, I just happened to look at it and I saw on the bottom left side this persons name I clicked on the arrow next to it and his music showed up. Windows XP, dell laptop. Thanks for the help, made a police report already, I am just wondering how this is possible.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member

what OS do you have?

I didn't say you need a wireless router to get hacked, I said that it's nearly impossible to do otherwise.

The reasons are because you don't know what the neighbors IP is and second because going through the ISP is much more difficult then getting through a wifi router.

Please explain to me how you would go about hacking your neighbors network without them hawing a wifi router.

:read:

Users who are viewing this thread