Computer build, on the cheap but not too cheap!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Does anyone have a good single source for all the parts to build a gaming and surfing computer with great WiFi reception and wireless accessories?

If you had 2-3 grandish, where would you source your hardware?

I would like it to be smooth with VR since I plan to travel the world as a virtual scout.

I want to get my kids hands on helping with a build. While Kano is a fun start, we would like the system to be able to play some graphics intensive games without stuttering and stammering AV.

I plan for this to be a Christmas item, if anything new or worth waiting is coming out to compliment the build let me know.

Thanks and have a great day. If you are in the Vegas area give blood and reply later or while in line!

blah blah blah

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Does anyone have a good single source for all the parts to build a gaming and surfing computer with great WiFi reception and wireless accessories?

I would like it to be smooth with VR since I plan to travel the world as a virtual scout.

I want to get my kids hands on helping with a build. While Kano is a fun start, we would like the system to be able to play some graphics intensive games without stuttering and stammering AV.

I plan for this to be a Christmas item, if anything new or worth waiting is coming out to compliment the build let me know.

Thanks and have a great day. If you are in the Vegas area give blood and reply later or while in line!

blah blah blah
Title should be On the Cheap, my auto correct owns me.

blah blah blah

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
For 2-3K, you can get a very high end build and I would not say that is on the cheap.

Talking cheap, pricing would be around $1,000-$1,300 or so for a half-way decent build.

Check out PCpartpicker.com as you can select what parts you want and it finds the cheapest prices online.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I usually start all my builds perusing Newegg. As a single source of parts it's hard to beat the price and selection. You can browse the net and find lower prices for various parts elsewhere, but I have never had any issues with shipping or returns through Newegg. I just put together a Ryzen build for my brother for just over $1k. Throw a couple VR ready gpu's on top of that and it would be a powerhouse for $2k so you shouldn't have any issues with your budget.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Newegg and if you can wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday you can get some killer deals.

As Grabber said Dale $3k can get you a very nice rig.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
PCPartPicker like everyone has said is a great resource, but definitely wait until Black Friday imo.....I built my rig (not on the cheap) and saved around $200 I think between everything. Deals everywhere on Newegg and the PC Part Sites around that time. Definitely worth the wait. Good Luck!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thnx for the advice guys! SVTP cures cancer tomorrow!

blah blah blah

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Pcpartpicker.com

I just finished a new server build last night. Pcpartpicker saved me a few bucks.

This is what I will be using moving forward. They are the best source to order from. Gives you the best prices. Newegg has been getting pricey lately.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
you can also check out FRYS.com. like everyone is saying 1k to 1500 should be plenty to build a good computer for what you want.
Frys is pretty pricey, I usually only go to my local Frys whenever BB doesnt price match and/or have what I need and need it ASAP. Else its Newegg or Amazon for me.

If you know exactly what you need, you can also check slick deals.net Usually you can search for best prices with rebates for specific items.

Kiohtee

Established Member
OP, you could just buy my already put together rig (with two 1080, 144Hz monitors) and just rip it apart after testing it to rebuild it with your kids. Lol

7700K OC'd to 5.0GHz, GTX 1070, etc.

quad

Established Member

blah blah blah
https://techbuyersguru.com/3500-ultimate-gaming-pc-build

Amazon can get you great deals and they have such a huge selection.

Not sure if there is a Micro Center near you but check them out as well. My recent experience has been that Amazon will beat Micro Center with some items but Micro Center can have much better deals on others. For example I bought an I9 CPU and Geforce 1070 for quite a bit less at Micro Center compared to what Amazon offered.

And Micro Center price match also. However sometimes Micro Center may not have an item in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread