Compression

Armyman2445

Established Member
tuning, tuning, tuning......... With the right tuning, it will be a beast. Personally Ive seen: 8.5 compression with 20lbs of boost run slower than a 9.5 compression with 11lbs of boost. Its all in the the timing, fuel and MAF tables.

MR BILL 04COBRA

Established Member
tuning, tuning, tuning......... With the right tuning, it will be a beast. Personally Ive seen: 8.5 compression with 20lbs of boost run slower than a 9.5 compression with 11lbs of boost. Its all in the the timing, fuel and MAF tables.

Some one I know has a DSS block and forg internals level 20 block ' so short block but it has 11.8 Compression and have been told I could put thicker head gaskets on it to lower compression but did not know if that would be a weak point on motor ' block and interns for $ 2000. That's why I am asking thanks for any Help . Billy

01yellercobra

Established Member
You could run a thicker head gasket. But you're looking at dropping around 2 points of compression. If you can offload the pistons to pay for a set of lower compression pistons it might be worth it. Depends on how much everything is.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread