compression ratio + pump gas=wtf

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Why isn't it that simple?? lol. Unless you are going to boost the shit outta it, ala 20 lbs of boost, you aren't going to like the missing compression.... I see ALOT of people regret the fact that they lowered the compression because then you have to boost the shit out of it to make up for that. What are your thoughts? Why such a tough decision?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
if building an engine for boost then lower compression is the way to go, plain and simple

1 psi of boost is more efficient power than .5 in/hg of vacuum

so giving up compression for more boost is the way to go in any situation

Not with these engines.

alex12gt

Established Member
Why isn't it that simple?? lol. Unless you are going to boost the shit outta it, ala 20 lbs of boost, you aren't going to like the missing compression.... I see ALOT of people regret the fact that they lowered the compression because then you have to boost the shit out of it to make up for that. What are your thoughts? Why such a tough decision?

if i go 11:1 i will only be able to make x amount on pump gas with 9:5 i will be able to make more before i hit the pump gas limit really its coming down to how much do i want to spend now and how much power is enough

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
if i go 11:1 i will only be able to make x amount on pump gas with 9:5 i will be able to make more before i hit the pump gas limit really its coming down to how much do i want to spend now and how much power is enough

Who told you that? I've said this before, and it's my opinion of course.... 700 HP is equally hard on your motor whether you are achieving it with 11.1 compression and 15 lbs of boost or 9.5.1 compression and 20 lbs of boost. Personally I would take more compression and less boost ALL DAY LONG!

Heat kills motors.....

alex12gt

Established Member
they way i always understood buiding motor was you were able to get away with more on lower compression and also had more of a safety factor in tuning

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
they way i always understood buiding motor was you were able to get away with more on lower compression and also had more of a safety factor in tuning

Well, I can tell you this for sure.... Even with a 2.9 Whipple on top, if you went down to 9.5/1, you are going to have to push the living piss outta that blower to even get close to 700 RWHP on pump. PM slagburn, I have no doubt he can help you with your decision......

A302

Established Member
The 11.1 is what I would recomend. I agree with what some of the others have said. You can run less boost and have less belt slip. BTW who has the best price on that motor?

alex12gt

Established Member
The 11.1 is what I would recomend. I agree with what some of the others have said. You can run less boost and have less belt slip. BTW who has the best price on that motor?

pm me

and yeah chuck from evolution said close to 20lbs from a 2.9 to see 700hp
i remember chris's car had the 2.9 and a 100shot and put down about 800 but i think that dyno was a little low

alex12gt

Established Member
ig stegmier can do porting as well worth looking into? plan on the cj throttle body or the l&m

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I've wondered myself if Steigy ports these blowers.... Haven't looked into it. It would be pretty badass if we could pick up another 40 or 50 HP with a port job....

alex12gt

Established Member
quoted me $1000 to do blower, plenum, tb.....and said around 50rwhp but prolly cheaper if just blower and plenum let me look

bigriff85

Established Member
The only benefit from the lower cr is the torque you pick up from spinning the blower harder like 03 cobras...so 2.9 whipple or a big centri like a Paxton or d1...twin turbos would be the best overall ...more boost is fun just the tvs is extremely limited on these cars which I don't understand since guys use the on 03 cobras and make 650 all day at 18psi and up...

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
this is from the site and i wonder if the snakebite can be done with our tvs....its a gear over drive....more boost!

Stage 6 Porting 25+ RWHP $595.00
Stage 6 Porting, Series 2 Throttle Body, Plenum 50+ RWHP $995.00
Choice of (2.6",2.8"2.9",3.0") Factory Style Steel Pulley 25+ RWHP $145.00
Choice of (2.6",2.8",2.9",3.0") Aluminum Pulley With Hub 25+ RWHP $190.oo
New 2.49" Pulley with Hub & Front Drive Clearanced to Accept 2.49" Pullies $275.00
Snake Bite™ Series Blower Upgrade + Stage 6 Porting 100+ RWHP $1295.00
Snake Bite™ Series Blower Upgrade, Series 2 Throttle Body, Plenum 135+ RWHP $1795.00
TVS - Snake Bite™ Series Blower Upgrade + Stage 6 Porting 100+ RWHP $1295.00
TVS - Snake Bite™ Series Blower Upgrade, Series 2 Throttle Body, Plenum 150+ RWHP $1795.00
TVS - Series 3 Throttle Body 1450CFM 25+ RWHP $675.00

corepwn

Established Member
the tvs is extremely limited on these cars which I don't understand since guys use the on 03 cobras and make 650 all day at 18psi and up...

"Extremely limited" is an interesting term for a blower that has made 740rwhp+ on stock motors.

The biggest limitation for these blowers on these cars is the current lack of an OD lower pulley. Even with that limitation, full weight cars have been 9s and 740rwhp has been eclipsed.

At some point you really need to ask yourself, how the fast do you really think you're going to go?

alex12gt

Established Member
HMMM, didn't know they had ported a Roush TVS2300 blower yet..... Cool

they havnt yet these are from the ford tvs blower im wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2 the tvs i would assume is the same rotor pack its going to be the housing thats the difference

alex12gt

Established Member
"Extremely limited" is an interesting term for a blower that has made 740rwhp+ on stock motors.

The biggest limitation for these blowers on these cars is the current lack of an OD lower pulley. Even with that limitation, full weight cars have been 9s and 740rwhp has been eclipsed.

At some point you really need to ask yourself, how the fast do you really think you're going to go?

No such think as to fast! Im going to take mine to the moon :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread