compression ratio + pump gas=wtf

CharlieR

Established Member
My friend, ring gap is not the distance from 1st ring to top of piston. It is the distance(gap) between the start of the ring and the other end. It is what can be "adjusted" with file fit rings. It also is not the reason the compression is lower, that is the dome of the piston, which is also different than the 1st land(what I call top of piston to 1st ring). Sorry for the confusion.

grnenvy

Established Member
hmm

Also the size of the Cumbustion chamber. :)

My friend, ring gap is not the distance from 1st ring to top of piston. It is the distance(gap) between the start of the ring and the other end. It is what can be "adjusted" with file fit rings. It also is not the reason the compression is lower, that is the dome of the piston, which is also different than the 1st land(what I call top of piston to 1st ring). Sorry for the confusion.

CharlieR

Established Member
Also the size of the Cumbustion chamber. :)
100% true but that's the same on both aluminators. :) In my tiny little head, it took me 3 engines before I accepted "ring gap" was important and 1st land had little effect on compression. :shrug:

alex12gt

Established Member
less just put it this way both options work well it just depends what method you have to throw air into it....and the 2.3 doesnt appear to force enough air to make good power numbers.....

CharlieR

Established Member
My Bad

less just put it this way both options work well it just depends what method you have to throw air into it....and the 2.3 doesnt appear to force enough air to make good power numbers.....
I'm gonna assume here and say that if your blower(I don't know its specifics) will not make good power on a 9.5:1 engine than it should be O.K. for an 11:1 Aluminator. I may have misunderstood your question, I thought you were looking for BIG POWER. Just didn't want you having to buy 2 engines(yep that little flexible ring can take out a land on a forged piston when stressed). :beer:

alex12gt

Established Member
yeah 700 should be plenty id love to push 800+ but it just isnt practical it more or less just something to say yeah look what i got lol

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
@ OP

Not trying to act like I am giving a blow job to a vendor, but call Steve at Blow By Racing. . .I have been hashing out an engine build with them for over the winter/early spring. I am also going nitrous only as a power adder and from the looks of everything its going to be a monster for sure.
Hell the car is retarded fast on a 150 shot and a few bolt ons now!!!!

I highly recommend them, one for good pricing and second for quality. . .you may spend a couple bucks more than you intended but its not gonna have a high speed come apart on you and make you look stupid

alex12gt

Established Member
@ OP

Not trying to act like I am giving a blow job to a vendor, but call Steve at Blow By Racing. . .I have been hashing out an engine build with them for over the winter/early spring. I am also going nitrous only as a power adder and from the looks of everything its going to be a monster for sure.
Hell the car is retarded fast on a 150 shot and a few bolt ons now!!!!

I highly recommend them, one for good pricing and second for quality. . .you may spend a couple bucks more than you intended but its not gonna have a high speed come apart on you and make you look stupid

i talk with steve constantly lol at least a few emails a week

Users who are viewing this thread