Complaint Against Officer - Bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I would have to disagree with this. The OP (ASSUMING he is telling the truth about his actions) was not part of the incident. The shelter clown had no cause to call in a complaint about him sitting in the parking lot. For him to assume that the 2nd mustang was associtated with the first and up to no good is assinine.

Frankly if I was the op and his brother I would be writing a letter of complaint to the shelter supervisor reporting their employees actions and requesting a meeting. Again this is assuming the op is giving us the whole story. There is likely more to the brothers story and it would come out as a result of the letter. But i would definately be writing a complaint to the shelter for their employees assumptions and his reporting me unnecessarily to the police.

My best guess, based on too many years of experience tells me the first brother made a fool of himself at the shelter, most likely managed by people who do not deal with confrontation really well. They are in the busines of assisting displaced animals find good homes.

I can just hear the first brother referencing his "backup" is soon to arrive in the form of brother #2. The shelter folks tell him to leave, they have called the police. He flees, texts brother #2 and tries to call him off. Brother #2 arrives on scene, the shelter workers update the call to police with the fact there is a second vehicle now at their business, just as brother #1 threatened.

The arriving offers now have not only the first call, they have an updated, higher priority situation unfolding with clear evidence that coincides with the callers information i.e., second car and when questioned brother #2 provides evidence linking his brother to the callers information.

What we don't know ( and the only part that really counts) is what was the disposition? Yes, the officer tells brother #2 to leave but we do not know what action (if any) the police took with brother #1 - the real culprit here.

The shelter employees have every legal right to refuse to serve a belligerent customer. Once he raises the level of the confrontation, they have every legal right to request a police response. It is clear they were intimidated by the presence of the second car (brother #2) so they placed a second call, elevating the urgency.

You may think the OP is not part of the incident; but your opinion is not based on experience gained dealing with such issues first hand. We know he was involved, since the arriving police knew to stop him. He became involved when he did not follow his brothers request he waive off. His brother knew he was in trouble and also knew his brother's arrival would spark further fear in the eyes of the "victims".

Again; I would love to read that letter! :lol:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I would have to disagree with this. The OP (ASSUMING he is telling the truth about his actions) was not part of the incident. The shelter clown had no cause to call in a complaint about him sitting in the parking lot. For him to assume that the 2nd mustang was associtated with the first and up to no good is assinine.

Frankly if I was the op and his brother I would be writing a letter of complaint to the shelter supervisor reporting their employees actions and requesting a meeting. Again this is assuming the op is giving us the whole story. There is likely more to the brothers story and it would come out as a result of the letter. But i would definately be writing a complaint to the shelter for their employees assumptions and his reporting me unnecessarily to the police.

I dont know what you are disagreeing with as the police had to investigate the complaint whether the animal shelter personnel exagerrated or not. It was called in with descriptions of both vehicles, therefore the police must investigate until satisfied. I would agree that a complaint to the shelter is more appropriate. However, animal shelter personnel are motivated to accommodate potential pet owners and not to aggravate them.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Like most of the posts here, we only see one half of the issue, with its usual biases. In this case, we only have the statement of a brother who suffered through this issue due to the actions of his brother - but holds law enforcement accountable for the way they conducted their investigation.

I would agree that LEO's need to check attitude at the door; there is a difference between command presence and over-bearing heavy-handed behavior. Every officer needs to know the difference and be called on it when they step over the line.

With that said, I would bet the shelter workers set the stage with the tone of their call.

exactly, and i think that most of the guys in here, are trying to avoid that statment and simply blame it on the borhter or the OP. yeah the brother ****ed up and did something stupid, but that did not give the cop the right to be a jerk to the OP.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
exactly, and i think that most of the guys in here, are trying to avoid that statment and simply blame it on the borhter or the OP. yeah the brother ****ed up and did something stupid, but that did not give the cop the right to be a jerk to the OP.

So far, based on all the presently available information; we don't know that the officer was a jerk. What we do know is the OP's brother was a jerk. Beyond that we only have one side of the story, so it is difficult to say either way.

My statement was not directed at the officer involved in this situation, it is my opinion concerning how officers should behave in general. In this situation, I believe the officers had sufficient cause to be careful in their approach and expect the two subjects they were looking for to be argumentative and uncooperative. Once they asked enough questions to determine the level of involvement they cut the one brother loose.

Quite frankly; the real problem here is the brother who chose to be an ass at the shelter - his actions caused this, not the shelter employees.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
If you can look at this objectively and say that you were honestly mistreated then you should call the desk sergeant and report it.

I'd have to agree. If you think the officer was being unprofessional and a "jerk", then report it. You never know, maybe he's got a history of behaving this way.

I don't think the issue here is necessarily with the shelter or what the brother did. It's whether the officer was being a jerk and if he was in the right for stopping the OP.

Not too sure what they teach in the police academy these days, but this officer obviously never heard the term "you'll catch more flies with honey". It seems that a lot of cops immediately start off as jerks out of habit instead of showing a little respect for people.

There is nothing wrong with being respectful toward people, unless a particular person is being belligerent.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
I can just hear the first brother referencing his "backup" is soon to arrive in the form of brother #2. The shelter folks tell him to leave, they have called the police. He flees, texts brother #2 and tries to call him off. Brother #2 arrives on scene, the shelter workers update the call to police with the fact there is a second vehicle now at their business, just as brother #1 threatened.

according the the Iamchris's post, he never actually made contact with the Shelter's Personel. According to his story, Party A. had already departed while the OP was enroute. OP receives the call while Party A was either in the process of leaving or already away from the vicinity. We're missing a key portion of the story: as in The actual context of said conversation between party A and the personel. If any perceived threatning or intimdating action was initiated, the shelter had every right to notify law enforcement. Standard operating procedeure for most buinsesses is anything where personel and or customer livlihood is threatened, law enforcement is immediatley notified. I've kicked out /refused to patron customers until they gathered their composure, and addresed me like a person, Maaany times. Nobody treats my employees or colleagues like a belligerent dog.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
according the the Iamchris's post, he never actually made contact with the Shelter's Personel. According to his story, Party A. had already departed while the OP was enroute. OP receives the call while Party A was either in the process of leaving or already away from the vicinity. We're missing a key portion of the story: as in The actual context of said conversation between party A and the personel. If any perceived threatning or intimdating action was initiated, the shelter had every right to notify law enforcement. Standard operating procedeure for most buinsesses is anything where personel and or customer livlihood is threatened, law enforcement is immediatley notified. I've kicked out /refused to patron customers until they gathered their composure, and addresed me like a person, Maaany times. Nobody treats my employees or colleagues like a belligerent dog.

Agreed - the update to the original post now pushes the problem square on to the shelter; now the infamous "f##k off" quote is attributed to the shelter employee, not the OP's brother as first stated.

This has run its course - like most one-sided stories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread