Compact Tractor Owners!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have a Kubota B2630 and looking at a B2650 Cab model. Anyone regret going from a open compact tractor to a cab model?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I've got a Kubota L2900, love it. I have no cab due to where I find myself sometimes a cab would get damaged. But a cab would be nice in wide open areas.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No one ever regrets having a cab unless they are operating in thick woods or those 5 or 6 perfect days a year. I was looking at the LX2610 (Newer version of the B2650) but I didn't like that the cab was too tight for me to take my dog with me and the backhoe sticks out too far for the hills on my property. I'll probably go with a B26 or L2501 TBL. and get a snow cab. Yes my dog likes to ride on my tractor with me.

I have a BX25D now but want something bigger. I've also been operating heavy equipment all my life. I've never once not wanted a cab unless the A/C in it wasn't working.

I assume you do a lot of snow work with it?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No one ever regrets having a cab unless they are operating in thick woods or those 5 or 6 perfect days a year. I was looking at the LX2610 (Newer version of the B2650) but I didn't like that the cab was too tight for me to take my dog with me and the backhoe sticks out too far for the hills on my property. I'll probably go with a B26 or L2501 TBL. and get a snow cab. Yes my dog likes to ride on my tractor with me.

I have a BX25D now but want something bigger. I've also been operating heavy equipment all my life. I've never once not wanted a cab unless the A/C in it wasn't working.

I assume you do a lot of snow work with it?

Yeah, it blows any snowfall deeper than 4 inches. I do have 30 acres of woods, there are some tight spots I might have to widen a little.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Yeah, it blows any snowfall deeper than 4 inches. I do have 30 acres of woods, there are some tight spots I might have to widen a little.
Up there I would get the cab. Just make sure to clear the trees where you drive. Or rig up some sort of protection or sort of curb feeler. It's not so much as replacing the glass and tweaking the cab frame. The door will never fit right or seal properly.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Up there I would get the cab. Just make sure to clear the trees where you drive. Or rig up some sort of protection or sort of curb feeler. It's not so much as replacing the glass and tweaking the cab frame. The door will never fit right or seal properly.

The rubbing an oak that has no ****s to give has always made me question the purchase, LOL. But blowing the drive clear at -10F with a 25mph wind is no fun, even when bundled up right.

siLversLeigh

Established Member
I have 2650 cab tractor. I love that thing. I actively look for excuses to use it. With that being said if I were to buy it again I am not sure I'd buy the cab version. It's kind of a hassle. Not to mention an expensive option.

Attachments

• 20170702_130840.jpg
    20170702_130840.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 91

My94GT

Established Member
I have a JD 2520, I would like to step up to a 3 series with a cab but the money difference is better spent on a Z turn to handle grass duty. The 2520 really is more then capable of all my utilities based needs

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
B2600 open owner here. I primarily use during the spring, summer, and fall. Cabs really restricts visual assessments of attachments. Climate control is nice and a luxury, but if you want to get things done quickly open cab is the way to go. Old geezers that piddle around and have all day to plow their driveway surely think differently. It really depends on the overall use of the machine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have a Kubota B2630 and looking at a B2650 Cab model. Anyone regret going from a open compact tractor to a cab model?
This is what I have (cab 2650)
I love plowing in the winter in shorts and flip flops with the heat and radio on when the snow is coming down like quarters.
No REGERTS
For good measure I threw on some Rigid light bars.

awful knawful

Established Member
We have snow here and it's the primary use for our compacts.
I have a cab on my New Holland, my bud bought a brand new Kubota without the cab and regrets it.

nickf2005

Established Member
I have a JD 2520, I would like to step up to a 3 series with a cab but the money difference is better spent on a Z turn to handle grass duty. The 2520 really is more then capable of all my utilities based needs
I've got the 2520 and have the same sentiments. Love the little thing, but would love to step up. However, the price point isn't worth it to me either. Especially when my two neighbors have a 4105 and 4052R to help if I get into something big. The 2520 is very capable for its size.

OP, personally, I wouldn't want a cab on my CUT for my use. But if you're spending a lot of time in the winter on it, maybe I could see why. I'd just hate to lose flexibility, visibility, and an overall comfort level for a majority of the use to stay warm for 20% of the hours you put on it.

20170108_125117.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BJCobra99

Established Member
I have a cab enclosed kubota L3560. Great machine and we mounted the snowblower in back with snow plow on front for winter duty. It keeps our mile long dirt driveway open in the winter even when the drifting starts with the snow. Best piece of equipment we own since moving to the country. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread