Comp Turbo Failures

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Hey guys. I wanted to know how many of you run Comp Turbos. I've been having a very rough time getting a quality product from these guys. Long story short the compressor wheel and exhaust wheel decided to run into the housings...TWICE. Im very upset bc I have to send them back AGAIN. I just got them back from the last time the one failed. I haven't even put 500 miles on these things combined. Meanwhile my car has been down for 5 weeks and it's about to be another week at least. I paid good money for a product that I expected to work. Go figure.

Have any of you experienced poor quality or other repeated failures from these guys? I always though they weere a good company. Thanks

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My buddy is running one, but we've only had it running for a couple weeks now, no issues to speak of. Hope you can get some resolution. I think he's running the 80mm with a CG Fab hotside.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I really want these turbos to work correctly lol. But if they fail for a third time I won't know what to do. I don't want to to this dance anymore.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I've been curious about that too. Personally I don't think I would run that oilless turbo, but that's just me. We haven't dyno'd my buddies car yet, but we will soon. I built the tune from scratch so I am curious to see what it makes. That turbo makes some sweet turbo sounds I'll say that, and when you shut the car off the wheel spins for a long ass time.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I was super excited about the noises and the easy spool but sadly my turbos have never made noises other than screeching and moaning lol. I can spin em by hand and they don't even spin as long as the turbonetics I used to have on. Journal bearing cast wheels lol. Even after they were torn apart and inspected. Weird

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Yeah, Im starting to find all of this negative stuff surrounding their product now. It sucks.

Infact I recently heard that my tuner had a TT cobra on the dyno with some comp turbos on it and it wouldnt make power anywhere close to the old precisions he used to have on it. The specs were almost the same on each turbo too. To my knowledge the owner has since put the precisions back on and couldnt be happier.

SO... According to Comp I will have my turbos back Thursday. They have failed twice within 500 miles so hopefully the third time is the charm!

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Yeah, Im starting to find all of this negative stuff surrounding their product now. It sucks.

Infact I recently heard that my tuner had a TT cobra on the dyno with some comp turbos on it and it wouldnt make power anywhere close to the old precisions he used to have on it. The specs were almost the same on each turbo too. To my knowledge the owner has since put the precisions back on and couldnt be happier.

SO... According to Comp I will have my turbos back Thursday. They have failed twice within 500 miles so hopefully the third time is the charm!

Now is your chance to get out of them..

Users who are viewing this thread