comet vs cobra

zexsrt8

Established Member
well just got the comet on the road since the new build it is a 65 comet two door hard top it has 411 gears drag radial tires with a 302 with about 375-400 hp and a c4 with a 3000 stall the car weights about 3000lbs.with me in it. Well on the way to the gas staition ran into a sweet 04 cobra we ran from a vary vary slow roll he honked it off and we were dead even till I got into drive. He then began to start to pull but we were catching up to triffic and had to slow down. I was pretty happy to find out he was not stock but a first loss is still hard to take :cryying: but knowing it was too a cobra is not all that bad I guess.

zexsrt8

Established Member
the 302 has afr heads airgap intake comp cam full length headers,full roller rockers 1.6 and a 650 carb.I have not had it on a dyno but guess it to be around that hp.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
There is a guy on the GT 500 forum here that has a 1965 Comet with a Shelby GT 500 engine. The car has been in a Magazine.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
the 302 has afr heads airgap intake comp cam full length headers,full roller rockers 1.6 and a 650 carb.I have not had it on a dyno but guess it to be around that hp.

Is this a 302 with a somewhat streetable cam? Or are you saying those numbers are crank? I don't think you could pull anywhere close to 375-400 RWHP on a carbed HCI 302 with even a decent cam. Correct me if I'm wrong people, but would he be more around 300-315 RWHP?

zexsrt8

Established Member
the numbers would be at the crank sorry about that and its just my guess got to get it on a dyno soon:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread