Columbus Area Cobras - Dyno Day

JNY XXX

Hey guys,

Any interest in having another dyno day? I know that many of you've done mods since the last one, so it might be a good thing to see where we're all at. That, and it's always good to get all of you together so I can lay a beat down on all of you at once. :p :beer:

Maybe something for the end of August? That would give us some time to get our schedules in order and any modifications added. Brian Turner (aka Dyno Brian) of DynoTune Motorsports can set aside a day or two again for us. Also, he's got his tuning software up and running, and he's already started tuning 03s and getting some really good numbers.

So, let known your interest.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
End of August sounds good to me! (thats a good song too) Since I missed the last one. I would like to do the back to back runs to see if this HE works.

Eatonup

Established Member
I still haven't got mine to the Dyno yet. :( I'm probably going next week but I may need to do some more "testing" at the end of the month. I'll go either way but there may be a chance that I don't dyno.

JNY XXX

Originally posted by CountySoldier
Count me in....I wanna hit 500hp this time!

Scott, from what Brian's learned using his new tuning software, you hitting 500 shouldn't be a problem without adding any mods to what you have now. :coolman:

JNY XXX

Originally posted by gatzer
I'll be there, with a little surprise...:lol1:

What, did you put chrome plating on the glove box? :D

Seriously, is the plan still the same - you still getting that?

Knute

Established Member
I live southeast of columbus, I would be interested in a dyno run to check A/F. Is this for anybody with a Cobra or are you guys in a club.

What does it cost for a wideband run?

thanks, Knute

JNY XXX

Originally posted by Knute
I live southeast of columbus, I would be interested in a dyno run to check A/F. Is this for anybody with a Cobra or are you guys in a club.

What does it cost for a wideband run?

thanks, Knute

No, pretty much anyone is invited. As for price, he usually charges about $100 for three pulls with A/F measurements. However, if there are enough of us (say 6 or more), I'm sure he'd be willing to offer a discount, which would probably be in the area of $85 for three pulls with the A/F.

Grey03

Established Member
Hey John
I would come out depending on the date. I wish I would have done my car last time, so this is my chance. Matt (w/ the DSG car that beat up on you);-) and I are going out to the track on Friday, you and everbody else should come out. The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 68, so we should see some good times. Plus I want to see that car of yours on a pass.:eek:

Later

The other Jon

Last edited:

gatzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Venomss
What, did you put chrome plating on the glove box? :D

Seriously, is the plan still the same - you still getting that?

Actually, the chrome plating is inside the cup holders. :bash:

Hmmm, plans have changed my friend. I should have the install finished up in the next couple of weekends. :burnout:

Last edited:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I'll probably show up, but the car is the same as my last dyno, so I probably won't put it up on the rollers. Keep us posted.

BTW, great timing with this thread, Brian mentioned this past sunday in checking interest on another dyno day. Even said he could set aside a seperate day for tuning if anyone is interested.

Eatonup

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03
Hey John
I would come out depending on the date. I wish I would have done my car last time, so this is my chance. Matt (w/ the DSG car that beat up on you);-) and I are going out to the track on Friday, you and everbody else should come out. The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 68, so we should see some good times. Plus I want to see that car of yours on a pass.:eek:

Later

The other Jon

Jon, Venomss won't show Friday at Trails. He's taken too many beatings from the Grey beast. :D :p

Matt.

JNY XXX

Ha, you f*cks! Quit messing with me... :)

Friday I probably won't come out because I'm planning on being there Saturday (i.e., the next day) for NeoFest.

I'll talk with Brian to see about his availability. Once I have that, I'll post back here with some possible dates.

Grey03

Established Member
Originally posted by Eatonup
Jon, Venomss won't show Friday at Trails. He's taken too many beatings from the Grey beast. :D :p

Matt.

That's funny, because before he was modded, my Grey beast gave him a beating.:D

He must have a complex about Grey cars!!!! When Venomss was a kid a boy with a grey bike would always beat him in a race, as he got older his girlfriend was lost to another, a owner of a grey car. The color grey became like his kryptonite he was powerless in the face of the all mighty color grey. He has a chance to set the record straight and face his demons, but will he step up and take that challange?

Venomss STAND UP!! and face those who doubt you! STAND UP!! and stare down that Grey beast, because in the end it is you alone who can chase away your fears. Can I get an Amen?

Jon

J/K you John..:D

Users who are viewing this thread