Colt AR15

Entrenched

Established Member
I have a BNIB LE6920 SOCOM that I paid over retail for ($2800). I know, I got caught up in the madness......

Anyways I was able to pick up a standard LE6920 at retail ($1250) and this one I want to keep. So what should I ask for the SOCOM version? I've done a bunch of internet searches and prices are all over the map ($2500 - $4500). Also, what are mags going for now? I'm a newb with ARs and have spent alot of time searching on AR forums but figured I'd ask the "experts" at SVTP their opinion. :beer:

dom418

Established Member
I would dump it now because its going to be very hard Obama's assault weapon and high cap magazine ban to make it through congress. There isn't enough support from the republicans and not all democrats are sold either. Not sure on a price but once the bill is rejected, it will be business as usual and you won't be able to get over msrp for any AR, my opinion from what I've been reading

Bad Chariot

Established Member
My buddy has a large collection of "sporting rifles" and he was on the fence to pay an inflated price for another AR. He already has 2 (he wants a M4 now). I told him that when the hysteria settles the people who paid $2500 for an AR that was $950 2 mths ago and in July are back down to $1000 are going to kick themselves. I told him to hold his ground. He has a VERY large collection now and when Armegeddon happens I am going to his house! LOL

4a7191a

Established Member
i dont think the prices will go down to what they were. sadly they might settle off around 1500ish IMO.

dwish

Established Member
His recent executive orders were not as heavy-handed as people were anticipating. I think prices will go down slowly from this point onward...so if you want to be that guy who will price gouge, do it while you can.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I have a BNIB LE6920 SOCOM that I paid over retail for ($2800). I know, I got caught up in the madness......

Anyways I was able to pick up a standard LE6920 at retail ($1250) and this one I want to keep. So what should I ask for the SOCOM version? I've done a bunch of internet searches and prices are all over the map ($2500 - $4500). Also, what are mags going for now? I'm a newb with ARs and have spent alot of time searching on AR forums but figured I'd ask the "experts" at SVTP their opinion. :beer:

Put an Obama logo on it, call it a special edition and sell it to this guy.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/907390-building-ar-15-a.html

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Put it on Gunbroker and let the market decide. As far as Mags go I just bought 10 for $19.99 each.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
i dont think the prices will go down to what they were. sadly they might settle off around 1500ish IMO.

I think they will, manufacturers won't make sales if their prices are too high and their is no Armageddon coming. Several retailers were selling the stock they had at normal prices maybe a 200 mark up at a local small shop since they have no other inventory for a while. The people that paid stupid prices took a gamble, and only time will tell if that gamble was worth anything.

zPipes

Established Member
My buddy just paid 1500 for an AR, he was going to pay 2200. I really feel sorry for the people who are just not smart enough to know that assault rifles arent getting banned, and guns arent getting banned, and obama isnt taking our guns, and we arent on our way to communism.

Anyhow, dump it while you can, I suggest putting it up for bids somewhere, taking the best offer. Supply and demand, demand now is high, so production is high, soon though demand will be down and that large supply will be out, and prices will likely drop pretty far.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No.......way............in...............hell...........I............would..................sell................anything...................with.............COLT...............on..................it!!!!!!!!!

oldmodman

Established Member
Keep it, you can NEVER have too many guns

That's right.

I can't ever even lift all the guns I own at once and I wouldn't sell any of mine.

I bought my most recent "assault rifle", a Colt AR-15 a long time ago. It was an impulse buy because the gun store I was in had just received a huge crate of them. So I bought two, consecutive serial numbers for $379.00 each.
I told you it was a LONG time ago.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Never ever sell a colt..

Especially a colt AR

Especially right now!!!

I would never sell a Colt AR unless I had just bought a LE6920 Socom, paid way to much for it... and desperately needed my money back. I know of a place selling the same for $3000. They usually sell for around $1500. The prices will come down. You got a good deal on the 6920 considering the current panic. They usually sell for $1100.

sell it and get a DPMS

If you're not joking you are nuts! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread