colorado ss

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
It might beat it on paper but at the track it would probably loose to the SVT L just like the SRT-10 did :dw:

Stock SRT10 with a good driver can beat a stock Lightning but Im not big on the SRT10's, alot of people dont know what to do with those trucks and end up getting the beat down when it's race time. The Colorado would probably be 400 or more pounds lighter than an L and make 30 rwhp more stock. You cant just pulley the Colorado and make easy power though. :p It's still a nice truck. The first time I saw one on a lot, I went home and checked em out, thinking they had a 5.3 or something and saw that they had an I5 and thought WTF is this. Good to see they MIGHT do something with them, if GM has the balls.

Last edited:

jason2004gt

Established Member
It alright, but why is GM placing that motor in everything they have? That is so retarted. I guess if they have a recall on that motor, all GM's will be off the road. LOL

REPCobra10

Established Member
SLVERAZBOLT said:
Ya for sure, wounder if one of those would take a stock lightning?

Stock for stock I think it could take a lightning. This truck weights much less than a 4700 lb Lightning and it has the same power output basically. I know it has 50 lb-ft less torque than an L, but like I said I think the weight advantage will make up the difference. All you modded Lightning boys out there, no need to worry, unless the Colorado SS boys get a wild heads and cam package with some spray :bowdown: . Is this even going to be a real production truck though? I hope so because it's going to bad ass. Take it easy.

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
redline360 said:
Lose the seats sign me up today....

Ok big questions, what does it weight?

The Regular LS Weighs 3,295lbs, and the 4 door, longer bed, and 4x4 one is like 3,490. That's like over 1,000lbs less then the Lightning iirc.

They are a small stuck, like s-10/ranger size. That's like a lightning motor in a ranger.

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
Searching on yahoo I found this..

In the hallowed tradition of SS-badged Chevrolets such as the Chevelle, Camaro, and awesome 1990-93 454 SS Sport Truck, the Colorado SS sets a new benchmark for road-going performance. The Colorado SS launches with 400 horsepower from the 2005 Corvette’s LS2 and then benefits from a complete package of high-performance features.

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS:

LS2 6.0L V-8 with 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. torque that exhales through a custom-built performance exhaust from the catalyst rearward
Heavy-duty 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission with floor shifter
Heavy-duty 9.5-inch rear axle with a locking differential for added traction and a short 3.73:1 rear axle ratio for rapid acceleration.
Weighing in at under 3,500lbs and with Front disc brakes measuring over 12 inches that are sourced from the full-size Chevrolet Silverado; rear disc brakes from the Chevrolet TrailBlazer; the SS should have no trouble hauling to a stop.
Lowered suspension riding on brushed nickel-plated 20-inch Silverado SS rims
Stylized interior with unique trim, bezels, and seats
Custom exterior package with unique grille, fascias, flares, rocker extensions and tonneau cover.

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
rods&pistons03 said:
if its a ls2, why does it have ls6 manifold, and throttle body.
I thought LS6 throttle bodys are cable, the one in the picture looks electric like the LS2. But for some reason the motor does look like an ls1/ls6. Maybe its the manifold like you said.

Last edited:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
PearlBlue L said:
0602st_stuf_15_z.jpg
0602st_stuf_14_z.jpg

:xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl:

93LXHatch

Banned
ChrisNelson said:
Isn't this just a concept?? A concept doesn't scare anything... I wish my Colorado had that kind of go though.

+1
they introduced this SS Colorado 2-3 years ago with the LS1. I saw it on Speed when it was still speedvision.

I just saw you Expedition console into your lightning. WOW! Nice work man.

raIDERspeed

Established Member
93LXHatch said:
+1
they introduced this SS Colorado 2-3 years ago with the LS1. I saw it on Speed when it was still speedvision.

I just saw you Expedition console into your lightning. WOW! Nice work man.

yeah I saw it on gminsider.com along time ago but like most you said it never made it to "production". If GM and ford keep closing down plants we will never see shit.. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread