Colorado Red?

SVT Kev

Established Member
I've got an early run 03 Cobra, built on 6/26/02. I just bought it a couple of months ago. I was changing the oil last night, and saw a ford sticker under the front bumper cover that said, among other things, "Must Term Colorado Red". I have not seen the original window sticker for the car, and the original selling dealership has closed, so I cannot get one from Ford. I did get a "build sheet" from Ford, which shows the original options for my car. This also shows the color to be "Colorado Red". My car is Torch Red, or so I thought. Has anyone else heard of a Colorado Red 03 Cobra? Thanks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Colorado Red was not a choice for the 2003 Cobra. It was, though, a color choice for the 2002 Mustang GT. I suppose it is remotely possible that the wrong sticker was placed on the bumper and you really have Torch Red. Maybe one of the workers played a prank. LOL! Or, maybe for some reason the car body was painted the wrong color and you have Colorado Red instead of the correct Torch Red. If the latter is the case you have a rare car there. If I were you I would find another car that IS Torch Red and see if they are the same. Let us know how this pans out. Interesting!

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I went to an SVT dealership to buy touchup paint, and they told me that Torch red is not a Cobra color offered in 03. I told him to walk outside to look at my car, b/c its an 03 that's Torch Red. He didn't seem to care and told me he didn't have it. Man, some of those parts guys are the laziest morons ever.

10thTerminator

Established Member
I needed paint for my roll bar, and used the paint code from the door. The color they gave me was Colorado Red, I have also seen that sticker under the front clip too.

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
SVT Kev said:
I've got an early run 03 Cobra, built on 6/26/02. I just bought it a couple of months ago. I was changing the oil last night, and saw a ford sticker under the front bumper cover that said, among other things, "Must Term Colorado Red". I have not seen the original window sticker for the car, and the original selling dealership has closed, so I cannot get one from Ford. I did get a "build sheet" from Ford, which shows the original options for my car. This also shows the color to be "Colorado Red". My car is Torch Red, or so I thought. Has anyone else heard of a Colorado Red 03 Cobra? Thanks.

Colorado Red is what they will mix up for you if you go to a paint store with your color code.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
check the paint code on your door, many times the paint code will remain the same but the name will change. For example paint code FL is toreador red my 2001 explorer, or sangria red my 2003 focus.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking...there was a name change. It also sounds like he has an early run Cobra. My guess is only the name has changed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So then the 2003 Cobra in Torch Red is the same color as the 2002 GT in Colorado Red? Interesting. Maybe they figured a name change was needed for the Cobra.

SVT Kev

Established Member
Wow, a lot of great replies. I will look at the color code on the data sticker over lunch and post it up here. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread