Colorado 2nd Annual Cobra BBQ

kpinco

Established Member
03 COBRA SB said:
looking forward to scott lighting up the parking lot, maybe the weather will give us more time to ride, look forward to seeing all of you.
chris

Cool Chris! See ya in 2 weeks!

Fang

Established Member
kpinco said:
Didn't we put on the 2.80 upper last BBQ Dan????? I know, you're WAY past that with the WHIPPLE!!!!!!
:rockon: :lol:

As a matter of fact we did. I was little to chicken to do it myself. Man, have things changed! 6# Lower?! I need a little time to think about that one!

kpinco

Established Member
Silver03 said:
Lemme know man, I have a big ass pipe to get the crank bolt off that I did mine with that I can bring along.

When did you get a lower???????? What lb did you go for? Any dyno numbers?

I'm going to try to make it to the dyno towards the end of the week.

Dan: Com'on.......let's crank the boost up on the whipple!!!! :lol:

Silver03

Established Member
kpinco said:
When did you get a lower???????? What lb did you go for? Any dyno numbers?

I'm going to try to make it to the dyno towards the end of the week.

Dan: Com'on.......let's crank the boost up on the whipple!!!! :lol:

I put it on a couple weeks ago, same time I did the ported blower. My combo right now is a 2.76/4lb, I have a 2.93 that I'm going to try out on the dyno too. I havent been to the dyno yet, wanna go on Saturday? I took most of last week off to go to Vegas so I probably cant take any time off this week.

Fang

Established Member
How long did it take you to do the lower? I have thrown it around a little bit but can't get over the hump. Would be nice to talk to you about the install.

Silver03

Established Member
Took me about 2.5 hours once I had the right tools and I had no idea what I was doing when I first got started. It's not a big deal at all once the crank bolt is loose. Give me a call if you want to talk it over, I'll PM you my number.

Fang

Established Member
Silver03 said:
One thing I just thought of....if you go with a 6lb, you'll need a bigger alt. pulley. So it may take a bit longer.

Biggest I will go is 4#, so no worries mate!

Balticblue93

Established Member
Thanks Kevin for the invite. If all goes well, I might be rolling in with my newly found 2004 Competition Orange Cobra. I am signing the loan paperwork tomorrow and should be flying out Thursday to get it. I have held out for Comp Orange or Mystichrome, but Orange was my first choice.
:banana: :rockon:

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
This may turn out bigger than last year. Didn't we have like 25 Terminators? That was a blast. Can't wait for this one! Making sure I have 2-ways this time though! I'll be damned if I miss out on all the action this year!

Vic

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
okay since this past weekend was crap I will see all my buddies this friday at club clash and will see if they want to go. Maybe I'll see some of you at club clash this friday.

kpinco

Established Member
ZOSO said:
okay since this past weekend was crap I will see all my buddies this friday at club clash and will see if they want to go. Maybe I'll see some of you at club clash this friday.

Sounds good! Not sure about Friday but I might show up if the weather is good.

Vic: It should be a great turn out!!

Silver: Sending you a PM.

kpinco

Established Member
Silver: Just sent you a PM.

Going to the dyno on Friday afternoon and probably to the track to watch some racing.

:beer:

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Hey if any of you are at bandi you will know its me cause I'm only runnin mid 13's.

Well I might have bad news. I was told that my buddy with a yellow cobra and a 2.2kb was hit by a semi. Not sure of the damage or if its true or not but I will find out by tommorow. And my buddy with a black 03 may not beable to make it due to not having a clutch. Maybe he'll have it done by then. So far it's only me coming from the north. But hope to have a good count this weekend.

kpinco

Established Member
ZOSO said:
Hey if any of you are at bandi you will know its me cause I'm only runnin mid 13's.

Well I might have bad news. I was told that my buddy with a yellow cobra and a 2.2kb was hit by a semi. Not sure of the damage or if its true or not but I will find out by tommorow. And my buddy with a black 03 may not beable to make it due to not having a clutch. Maybe he'll have it done by then. So far it's only me coming from the north. But hope to have a good count this weekend.

Hey, sorry to hear about your friend's Cobra.

Looks like we won't be going to the track tomorrow night. Thinking about cruzing the Sonic or something.....

Users who are viewing this thread