Color markings

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
I recently detailed my engine...

I've purchased a KB 2.4, but it's been sitting in my basement and it's currently being sold.

Anyway... I noticed very little color markings on the SC, intake tube ETC. When I bought the car it was stock minus a cat-back. I've since done a pulley swap and have several other goodies to add on. The KB doesn't interest me anymore because the faster I make the car the more I'm tempted to drive like a tool on the street.

I've never really looked closely under the hood of another Terminator. I'm beginning to wonder now if the car has already had another SC or atleast a ported Eaton on it. The car appears to run extremely rich, thick black soot will collect in the tailpipes quickly, even with an un-tuned 3.10 pulley swap. I also get pretty ugly gas mileage no matter how I drive it.

Are these markings common from the factory or could it have possibly had internal work (stock parts)? I'm looking for a clue here to help determine what might have been done to the car. I'm curious to know...

I noticed when I pulled the stock pulley off the snout, it did not 'pop' when it broke loose like people said it should have. But I didn't notice any anti-seize on the snout either... I'm hoping someone can give me a tell-all sign that it had a pulley swap/or SC swap and I really need to be worried about a tune ASAP.

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
For some reason Dan, you look oldly familiar:coolman:... I actually thought that you bought your cobra brand new from a dealership. I know others can comment on some of the other things that you mentioned, but if I was you... I would try to get it to a dyno as soon as possible. It just sounds like your motor is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Your air/fuel ratio maybe off some on it. I understand that when you changed pullies that you didn't go have it tuned?

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Just a 3.10 pulley. Wasn't really concerned with a tune since it appears to be running so rich.

Def. didn't buy it new. Too much $$!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dan04COBRA said:
Just a 3.10 pulley. Wasn't really concerned with a tune since it appears to be running so rich.

Def. didn't buy it new. Too much $$!
Egads! You didn't check the tune because it appeared to be running so rich? You should check your tune after every motor mod. You need to either get your car on a dyno ASAP to check the A/F or hook up a wide-band. Assuming you are running rich as you suspect, you still need a tune upgrade to correct the A/F curve. You're likely down on power because of it. Get a proper tune and your car will not only run better, but you pick up some power and torque as well.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
usually, the factory tune is quite rich down low and up top, but it gets lean in the midrange

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
markings are from the factory (green, yellow, blue, etc)

they're all over the car

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Excellent. None of the bolt heads are stripped or rounded at all, so I couldn't quite figure out what was going on. Thanks!

Tune in the spring when I install my billet flow 2.76 & idlers.

Users who are viewing this thread