Collinite Questions

iliveanddie

Established Member
I have been doing some research and I have decided to use Collinite #845. Now I know this is a last product and you need something to put on before this and was thinking Opitmium Polish II. Would this combo work together to make for a good long lasting shine?

Now just to double check I will be using a Porter Cable and want to double check using the correct pads and steps so this is what I plan to do.
Wash
Clay Bar(maybe)
Optimum Polish-White pad-speed setting 4 or 5?
Collinite-Blue pad-Same speed settings?

Any other tips for using these products?

Also this is the Optimum polish most talk about correct.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/oz-Optimum-Polish-New-Improved/dp/B000B8ALC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1266789400&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: 32 oz. Optimum Polish II ***New & Improved***: Automotive[/ame]

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yes, OP II is "opt. polish".

If your car only has light swirls and hairlines, then it will do fine.

You'll want an orange pad though and PC Speed 6.

White pad speed 6 if you want to take the time; but OP/orange/6 will finish out fine.

Apply the Collinite by hand. It's a personal preference but it wastes too much to apply it via machine and it serves no purpose to do so.

The Lake Country CCS pads work well for the PC; 5.5" size.

iliveanddie

Established Member
Yes, OP II is "opt. polish".

If your car only has light swirls and hairlines, then it will do fine.

You'll want an orange pad though and PC Speed 6.

White pad speed 6 if you want to take the time; but OP/orange/6 will finish out fine.

Apply the Collinite by hand. It's a personal preference but it wastes too much to apply it via machine and it serves no purpose to do so.

The Lake Country CCS pads work well for the PC; 5.5" size.

Is there any big reason to go by hand over machine other then waste? And yes car have just small swirls and such from sitting under a cover most of winter. But I will know more once I get home to look at it.

Also would you recommend clay barring or no?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I apply my Collinite *845 by hand too, you can get A Lot of coverage with a little amount of product, that's probably the reason for the other reply suggesting the same..
Next month I'm gonna clay bar then do a nice coat of 845, no need to polish mine!

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
why not take a little extra time to claybar? the end result is all in the prep.

Users who are viewing this thread