Cold Hard Boost... CPR kit install

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Not trying to blow dust up anyone's skirt, toot anyone's horn or do any nut swinging here BUT, this kit fits stupid perfect. The exhaust clears everything. It's tucked up tight like factory. Everything tightens up into place like the car was made for the kit.

Give a caveman sticks and rocks and he builds a sexy kit like this. And BTW, no instructions with this kit. He's putting some together but you don't really need them. I've probably asked him 5 questions since install began and this is my first turbo kit install. :beer:

toomnymods

Established Member
i'm so jealous.. man i wish i was you.. lol I've always wanted twins, but fuk the size of that single turbo is perfect imo for this motor..
Did all the piping come coated with the kit or was this extra? Really really find ing it hard to concentrate on bills when i keep seing builds such as these, lol

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Piping comes coated from Dustin. It's looks good too! I was kinda undecided on black but I'm glad I went with it. I tossed the idea of twins and this kit for about a year before I decided to go single.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Not trying to blow dust up anyone's skirt, toot anyone's horn or do any nut swinging here BUT, this kit fits stupid perfect. The exhaust clears everything. It's tucked up tight like factory. Everything tightens up into place like the car was made for the kit.

Give a caveman sticks and rocks and he builds a sexy kit like this. And BTW, no instructions with this kit. He's putting some together but you don't really need them. I've probably asked him 5 questions since install began and this is my first turbo kit install. :beer:

Right on man, that's exactly how it should be. Glad to hear that. Have you been keeping track of total time on install? I started my hellion kit on Monday after work and worked on it a few hours each night, then took Friday and Saturday all day to get the odds and ends finished up, then I fired it up on Sunday. I also installed an ATI damper and did custom exhaust so it took a little longer.

How soon till first start up??

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Haven't really kept track of time much but probably somewhere in the 15-16 hour range so far. Been doing a few different things too including painting some things, making brackets for wires and in wrapping harnesses to try to keep from extending things so far.

I'd probably say a month or so before she hits the dyno. Gotta order injectors this week and get them puppies installed. Figure out if I'm gonna run a BAP or not. I'd rather install a complete fuel system but don't wanna drop the coin just yet

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Haven't really kept track of time much but probably somewhere in the 15-16 hour range so far. Been doing a few different things too including painting some things, making brackets for wires and in wrapping harnesses to try to keep from extending things so far.

I'd probably say a month or so before she hits the dyno. Gotta order injectors this week and get them puppies installed. Figure out if I'm gonna run a BAP or not. I'd rather install a complete fuel system but don't wanna drop the coin just yet

16 hours isn't bad so far. It'll be done before you know it.

Don't the CPR customers have access to his fuel system in addition to his trans brake? I figured you already had that in place.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'm gonna have to ask about that. I been so wrapped up in this and work I hadn't thought about it. Thanks! :beer: I really don't want to bother with a BAP. Kinda seems like waisted money really...

CPRsm

Not yet. Still in testing. Tbrake will be done soon. Want to test some things we've incorporated before we start actually building them

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Really didn't do much of anything on the car today. Had court so it kinda threw a wrench in any plans I had to work on the car. I need to figure out what to do next though...

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
If this big bitch doesn't keep the intake temp cool I dunno what I'll do :D

21F03609-131B-453F-AB36-439A21F37AD0_zpssb7tovug.jpg

GHIG'13

Established Member
Man, you need to quit! You are going to make me ditch my Paxton and go CPR, LOL. Awesome build and seriously trying to talk the wife into letting me put the Paxton on her '13 and getting one of these for my car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread