Coilovers hitting drivers side wheel

Fender34

Established Member
Long story short, installed MM coilovers on my car. Everything was fine, has one long spacer and one short under my CC plate with another short on top. I had to grind a little in the strut tower so the top of the strut would hit. Now my problem is my coilover is hitting the right front wheel and grinding the piss out of it. What are my options here. Wheels spacers up front or is there anyway I can maybe fix this? Also my neg camber on my plate is maxed out

TRBO VNM

There is an oval punch out up there that the coil spring hits. Mm has a tool to bend it for added clearance. What kmember do you have?

Fender34

Established Member
Ya I already got rid of that oval punch with the tool. I have stock kmember. The coilover spring is hitting my front wheel on the inside of the rim lip. Is there anyway I can fix it or should I just get a small spacer for the front? Thanks turbo, any other input?

reldla1996

Established Member
Mine did the same thing, with MM coil overs. I removed the wheel weights (went to stick ons), and that helped, but then had to use wheel spacers to get rid of all the contact. I had 1/4" on it and there was no contact. I switched to 1/8", and I'm not sure it's enough. My passenger side doesn't rub at all, whereas on the drivers side, it left grooves in the coil spring where the wheel was rubbing it.

Fender34

Established Member
That's my same exact problem right there, to the T! Thanks man for the advice. I have some small MM wheels spacers somewhere so looks like I will throw those on a run them. Thanks for all them help. Any other advice would help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread