Coilovers and 315's

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Finally got around to taking a few pics of the car after MM coilovers and Yokohama AVS Sport 315's out back. Enjoy.

Car%20Front.jpg

Car%20Side%20View.jpg

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Looks real good...What rate hypercoil springs from MM are you running up front/rear?

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by venomous
Looks real good...What rate hypercoil springs from MM are you running up front/rear?

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I am running 400/600 combo on the car.

RGrossman

Established Member
How close do your tires comes to the Coilovers? I want to run coilovers but I'm not sure if they will hit the tire.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by RGrossman
How close do your tires comes to the Coilovers? I want to run coilovers but I'm not sure if they will hit the tire.
My tires are not very close because I run 1/2" hubcentric spacers from MM on the car. I had to run them because of the IRS bolt. I know of other people that had 315's w/o a spacer, but it became more of an irs bracket clearance and not coilover clearance. All of these issues were because of the bad offset of the replica wheels. If you buy a correctly backspaced wheel you should have no problems. I do not know of many people with the replica '03 wheels and 315's that are having luck w/o spacers unless they are of the 18" variety. Everyone's car differs slightly, but if you are worried about coilovers rubbing then you will probably run into the irs bolt, or bracket issues first. If you are not going to run such a wide tire, then you won't have any issues. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Looks great man. That's what I'm planning on doing. I needed some 7/32" spacers with my AFS 18x10.5 and 315 BFG drag radials due to IRS bracket issues. Will I have any problems with coilovers if I don't have any clearance problems now? Thanks.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by blwn88cpe
Looks great man. That's what I'm planning on doing. I needed some 7/32" spacers with my AFS 18x10.5 and 315 BFG drag radials due to IRS bracket issues. Will I have any problems with coilovers if I don't have any clearance problems now? Thanks.
You should not have any issues if you clear the bracket. Coilovers are a great addition to the car. Totally changes the handling characteristics.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Did you have to shave the IRS bolt with the 1/2 inch spacers??? also how much did you drop the car? and finally how wide are the Yokohamas compared to the Goodyear 315 GS-D3's? sorry about all the questions just doing some research and I really like the stance of your car...

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobrablack
Did you have to shave the IRS bolt with the 1/2 inch spacers??? also how much did you drop the car? and finally how wide are the Yokohamas compared to the Goodyear 315 GS-D3's? sorry about all the questions just doing some research and I really like the stance of your car...
Yokohama's have a section width of 12.6", GS-D3's are 12.3 - this is according to tirerack. In reality I have never measured their width. I did do a side by side comaparison with some 285 GS-D3's and it didn't look that much wider. My bolts are shaved. I did this prior to the spacers being put on. It looks like I would not need the shaved bolt with the spaces though. The car is 26.5" in the front and 27" in the rear. This is from the ground to the fender lip.
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
What all did you do? C/C plates? K-member? a-arms? stock bilsteins?
Thanks
Looks good
I have MM coilovers, MM C/C plates, 00R shocks, All the bushings. I plan on the K-member and a-arms - but the wife would probably break my arm if I keep buying stuff for the car this month.;-)

Last edited:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Looks great, even better in person! :) I never asked you if you did the install yourself? If so, when are you going to help me with mine? :D

Anyway, I was wondering why I don't see more people doing the Griggs GR-40 package... Is it just the cost?

Users who are viewing this thread