Coilover loose on full droop

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Recently just installed MM Coilovers/CC plates and Control Arms on my Mach.
The ride height is the same from side to side....but i have one spring loose, and the other tight when on a hoist. Any idea's? MM said some's normal.

Anyone experience the same?

svtrookie

Established Member
I can't comment on your questin, but how does that set up ride? I am thinking about going MM coilovers soon!

starnsey

Established Member
At full droop, my MM 12" springs are loose on one side and mostly loose on the other (I'm able to adjust the spring perch by hand easily on both sides). So, in my experience, it's normal and has not caused me any issues - but then again I'm not taking my car off any sweet jumps...

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I eye balled the alignment, so I could let the springs settle for a week. It drives awesome, no noise at all. Ride height is now at 27" at the front fenders, and the control arms are at the same height on the alignment hoist. One is completely loose, and the left one is semi tight after adjusting the height. Tomorrow ill do the front end alignment, and test drive to see how she drives.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
My rear springs are both very loose, i can even move them probably 3/4 inch up and down with my hand when its up on jack stands. No problems here and ive had them on for 2 years just like that. I do think coil overs are a little more noisy to begin with though.

Users who are viewing this thread