Cog Pully on an eaton

AaronK

Established Member
No, it is not needed at all. It sounds cool for about the first 5 minutes you hear it then it just gets straight up annoying. Belts wear out faster, more stress on the crank (from what I've heard) and the blower. With the right size 8rib belt and an aux idler, you should be just fine.

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I was going to get it because I pesrsonally like the noise that it makes. The reason I
didnt go with that mod is because it can cause too much stress on the crank and snout on your supercharger. If you happen to purchase one let me know what you think

Scottyk

Established Member
The cog belt shouldnt put anymore stress on the crank and blower than the serp belt... What's the resoning behind that statement?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The cog belt shouldnt put anymore stress on the crank and blower than the serp belt... What's the resoning behind that statement?

the serpentine belt does allow for slippage when the stresses become too great, the cog setup doesnt; so those stresses are transmitted into the next available piece of the puzzle, be it the crank or the blower snout.

its just like people snapping axles with DR's and those not snapping axles with slicks; the shock of the launch is soaked up with the slick itself wrapping; as opposed to the DR which transmits all that shock to the next available part, which would be the axle/shaft.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
the serpentine belt does allow for slippage when the stresses become too great, the cog setup doesnt; so those stresses are transmitted into the next available piece of the puzzle, be it the crank or the blower snout.

its just like people snapping axles with DR's and those not snapping axles with slicks; the shock of the launch is soaked up with the slick itself wrapping; as opposed to the DR which transmits all that shock to the next available part, which would be the axle/shaft.

greatly explained and pics can be found on rpmoutlet.com

AaronK

Established Member
Not worth it at all. If you want a cool sound, then port your blower or get a KB 2.2... There are 700+ hp twin screw cars that aren't having problems with belt slip and they don't need the cog setup.

Users who are viewing this thread