Coffee Bros!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Gents what coffee brand do you get?

I have tried many but keep coming back to my favorite blends. Gold Star Coffee. I usually get the 10 lbs combo in French Press or coarse ground.

I have done so many brands like Black Rifle, Starbucks, Dunkin, Desth Wish, Lavazza, Intelligentsia and on.

Cold Star keeps me coming back. Great tasting and great price. My recent order is a bit higher because of the Jamaican and Hawaiian dark roasts. Normally I am about 150 for 10 lbs. Some of these coffees go for twice what I pay here.

Screenshot_20240120-163617.png

q6543

Established Member
I just love Starbucks…. But here’s my trick for the perfect cup

1. A manual handheld grinder… this will give you the freshest aromas, flavors and release of oils.

2. Use 2 filters per pot to slow the drip.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I just love Starbucks…. But here’s my trick for the perfect cup

1. A manual handheld grinder… this will give you the freshest aromas, flavors and release of oils.

2. Use 2 filters per pot to slow the drip.
I have a manual grinder and a Breville crazy coffee machine.

I went with coarse ground coffee and do French Press coffes now. I love the ritual of making the French Press.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never heard of Gold Star Coffee, but I'm going to check it out. I do only buy Whole Bean and grind it myself. I used to buy Starbucks exclusively but no longer. Most of their coffee blends are too dark/burnt tasting. Peets is better to my taste buds. I just bought two Costco Signature blends yesterday mainly because they sound good and the price is excellent. I do like to experiment, though. My main issue with coffees in general is that too many time I find a blend that is "perfect" and then a few months later I'll buy it again and it doesn't taste the same.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've never heard of Gold Star Coffee, but I'm going to check it out. I do only buy Whole Bean and grind it myself. I used to buy Starbucks exclusively but no longer. Most of their coffee blends are too dark/burnt tasting. Peets is better to my taste buds. I just bought two Costco Signature blends yesterday mainly because they sound good and the price is excellent. I do like to experiment, though. My main issue with coffees in general is that too many time I find a blend that is "perfect" and then a few months later I'll buy it again and it doesn't taste the same.
Read the descriptions because some are definitely stronger than others. Read about the Honey curing method of coffee and Peaberry coffee. You may already know but if not it is interesting.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Read the descriptions because some are definitely stronger than others. Read about the Honey curing method of coffee and Peaberry coffee. You may already know but if not it is interesting.
Thanks Dale. I know about peaberry, but not the honey curing method. I already found some info that I'm reading. Peets has a special Limited Release coffee called 'Red Mocha Haraaz' which is hands down the best coffee I've ever had. No other coffee I've ever tried comes close. It's only drawback is it's cost. $45 for a 1/2 pound ($90 a pound). I usually order 2 lbs. when they release it, which is maybe twice a year. It's that good. If Peets offers a 20% discount for new customers when Red Mocha Haraaz is available, I'll simply generate a new GMail email address and get the discount, which drops the per pound price to $72.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I usually buy the Starbucks Breakfast Blend although I will buy Peets from time to time. I have very good tasting tap water where I live but when I make the coffee with bottled spring water the java has a better flavor. More crisp tasting, if that makes any sense.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks Dale. I know about peaberry, but not the honey curing method. I already found some info that I'm reading. Peets has a special Limited Release coffee called 'Red Mocha Haraaz' which is hands down the best coffee I've ever had. No other coffee I've ever tried comes close. It's only drawback is it's cost. $45 for a 1/2 pound ($90 a pound). I usually order 2 lbs. when they release it, which is maybe twice a year. It's that good. If Peets offers a 20% discount for new customers when Red Mocha Haraaz is available, I'll simply generate a new GMail email address and get the discount, which drops the per pound price to $72.
I am pretty sure GSC has
Brother, Gold Star has a Yemen Red Haraaz. I think about 30 dollars a pound.

Screenshot_20240122-075528.png

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I'm fortunate enough to live in a small town, in the mountains...where some hipster came in a few years ago and built a coffee company, roasting imported green beans from Central & South America. I drink their most BOLD called "Mountain Music".

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm fortunate enough to live in a small town, in the mountains...where some hipster came in a few years ago and built a coffee company, roasting imported green beans from Central & South America. I drink their most BOLD called "Mountain Music".
Sounds cool. I thought about buying green beans but end up not wanting ro chance ruining the dark amber nectar of love.

Users who are viewing this thread