Codes with kooks "green" cats?

Kooks Headers

Established Member
The number would be on the cat itself. Here is a picture of our GREEN cat.
GREEN CAT EPA # 2.jpg

Speedwagon

Established Member
I'm looking to put on kooks headers but now I dont wanna go green or highflow. Might just put on my OEM cats.

lpheaven

Established Member
Either go with shortys and cat deletes or LTs and pay someone for a sticker. A properly tuned performance/muscle car does not need cats. Cats have nothing to do with clean air anymore, its all about the feds pockets lined with $$$ and so called highflo and green cats to make even more $$$. I use Kooks and Jegs and worst case scenario is i put back the cats and drive through the dmv. I should have went with LTs but the difference betw the shortys and LTs is less than 8 HP

tigerhonaker

Established Member
We are working on this. The strange thing is we have several cars Boss and GT's running our GREEN cats with no codes.

The advantage of the GREEN cats does go beyond the no CEL part. These cats come with a EPA number on them and are 49 state legal for emissions testing. The biggest reason to go with the GREEN cats would be the flow. Our new GREEN cats flow as well as no cat at all. We have done extensive testing and have seen this on the dyno. Brenspeed even runs our GREEN cats on their race cars because of these flow characteristics.
Kooks,

Your exactly correct BRENSPEED does run your Green Cats.

In fact I just dropped off my 2008 Bullitt Mustang to them on Monday and they are installing your complete Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, Green Cats, Mid pipe etc.

I already have your smaller Kooks LT Headers, high-flow H-pipe and older high flow cats.

TerrydroppedofthetigermachineIIatBrenspeed1withTypedText_zps9ca765aa.png

KookscompleteLTheadersandhpipeplusgreencats_zps7c632fae.png

91a1f613-674e-43c7-9306-e9c6f5e32f3f_zpsca91f247.jpg

NewOutsidePicstigermachineIIindrivwayJuly2420142_zpsec4399e3.jpg

NewPicsofinteriorofthetigermachineIIJuly26201413_zpse873e020.jpg

rearpicofthenewtigermachineIIjuly2014_zps88c80978.jpg

Newenginecompartmentpicjuly242014_zps556ff975.jpg

BrenspeedBusinessCardresized_zps3b7a25e5.jpg

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

earlycobra

Established Member
I'd be curious to hear the outcome of this as well. I'd love to run a pair of green cats if they won't trip the CEL on my factory Trackey Tune.

Users who are viewing this thread