Cobra will hit 100k miles today.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
I am like 18 miles from 100,000 miles. New heads were installed at 98k. Going for a new tune next week (post blower port). I also just discovered that my SC coolant res. is cracked on the top next to where the cap screws on... the heat down here has finally gotten to that! Bought the car with 14k miles on it in March of 06. I was deployed for 6 months and the car has been down for almost a year during this time frame. Yea, I definately racked up the miles in this puppy... AND ITS PAID FOR!!!

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
damn thats a lot of miles congrats I guess lol

take it easy on her

:beer:

whyte_03

Established Member
Congratulations! why the head swap? What are you're plans with the car from here?

had low compression on pretty much all the cylinders 5 - 8. But after removing heads there were cracks on the passenger side. The passenger side had good compression, too. here is the link...scroll as needed, I did a 6 month write up with LOTS of pics.

Finally Started Tranny/Motor pull!!! - Page 7 - SoCalTerminators.com Forums

Plus since i had the old heads, the cracks discovered clinched a purchase of a new set of heads. 2200 bux to my door.

whyte_03

Established Member
congrats ! let's hope mine goes strong till 100k only at 30k lol

If it ever over heats... do not provide a rapid cooling... just let it sit... Mine did it twice and both time I dumped cold water all over the radiator and they may have added to the cracks (rapid hot to cold temps and such)

whyte_03

Established Member
I have replaced....
3 alternators (I now use a plastic bag to cover the motor when I wash the car so nothing under the hood gets wet, especially the alternator)
3rd clutch, 1 rebuilt trans (the previous ones never failed, just changed when I was doing other work at the right time)
3rd pwr steering pump (one failed with no warning and one failed on a brake stand)
1 FRPS
3 diff cover seals (prior to solid axle swap)
rebuilt blower at 86k miles (it was making hawaiian noises)
New heads at 99k
New side skirts at like 60k miles (curb rashed one, bought both new, painted)
1 water pump (changed when I did a inner belt swap at 80k)
on my 2nd blower belt (the old one was missing chunks out of the gatorback ribs)
lost cound of brake jobs and oil changes
probably had like 4 sets of tires. Car did have originals when I bought it but they were toast, basically.

YES, I get every penny out of my car...especially since it's mine (F%&K HSBC Finance, I won that battle)

Last edited:

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Its not the end of the world. A lot of people like to brag about how low their miles are. I like to brag about how high mine are and how good it still runs. Its all in the tune. Im at 109k miles. Original everything except clutch, got a ported blower, and gt pumps. Still running like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread