Cobra w/Big Bore motor

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
Looking at a Modular Cobra with a full on FR500 motor (block, cams, heads, intake, mass air, fuel) I haven't seen one of these even in a magazine. Have I just not been paying attention or is this fairly new?

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ford racing does have an fr500 engine called the "Cammer", but i doubt that is the engine. The price of the engine alone is like 13,000. It could be a Cobra engine with fr500 heads, Cams, and Intake. If you get pics it will be easier to tell if its BS or not.

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
Its not the Cammer, it just has all of the FRPP FR500 stuff with a Big Bore block, JE Pistons, HP crank yada yada. Just wondering how streetable this thing would be..

coolguy10786

Established Member
I would say so. A lot of people are starting to go this route. Nazman was one of the first and his puts down i think around 470 n/a. However, i don't have first hand experiance driving one, so you may want ask someone whose done it and see what they think. I know you won't be dissapointed power wise.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
NAz was far from the first. These parts have been available for a long time and there are quite a few high hp FR500'd motors out there.

BTW, these components result in quite a streetable motor. My cams have 10 deg more duration they are very streetable so those little FR500 cams will work.

What is the compression of the motor you are looking at?

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
I figured he may not have been first, just the most known, at least to me. I just remember reading all the threads about it over on corral.net and figured he was up there.

Last edited:

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
This car has 10:1 Big Bore block w/JE pistons, FR500 heads with port polish, SHM valve train with Ferrera SS valves, FR500 cams, FR500 Magnesium intake, supposedly 1 off fuel rails that adapt the returnless intake to the sn 95 cobra fuel system, FR500 mass air and TB. backed up by D&D t56 viper spec trans w/4.56 gears. Full Maximum and Griggs suspension...I am sure it will be fast I just want it to be drivable on a cruise or daily if I want

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
97BlackSnake said:
what does naz have done to get 470!!!!!

304BB, 11:5CR, FR500 heads with stage 2 port, FR500 cams, FR500 intake, JLT CAI and lots of other bits and pieces.

I have seen his cobra last weekend and that thing is simply amazing!!!!! I would take his car over any supercharged or turboed mustang!!
you should see his numbers with the nitrous!!!!

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
N/Angel said:
I would take his car over any supercharged or turboed mustang!!

Long live n/a!!

Just goes to wow what the proper combination of parts can do for hp output. I guess those FR500 pieces work pretty well together.

Last edited:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
na svt said:
Long live n/a!!

Justr goes to wow what the proper combination of parts can do for hp output. I guess those FR500 pieces work pretty well together.

they do!!

Next winter I will be swapping my lousy 2V for the 4V FR500 parts... just instead of Nazs 304BB I have a 324BB/Stroker :-D

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I will eventually be doing a big-bore setup, maybe 4 years from now. The power they make is simply stunning. The way it unshrouds the valves creates AMAZING airflow that makes a lot bigger difference than the extra displacement for sure. I mean, a big-bore shortblock from VT is like $4K, and that's not too bad really.

coolguy10786

Established Member
N/Angel said:
I have a 324BB/Stroker :-D
Thats the route i would like to go, but it won't happen for a long time. When you get it down, be sure to post up the results and a video.

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
Yeah it has almost a full GR40 suspension but looks bone stock save for sitting on coil overs and 95 silver R's (real Ford).

Users who are viewing this thread