Cobra vs Cammed LS1

gnxs

Established Member
Most people dont pick the right converters for their cam/setup....

Most F-Body guys run the Yank ss3600-4000 which is a good converter but is more efficient off the line and not as much on the top end.

The PT series is a lot better on the top end. I wonder what kind of stall [ brand ] he has. Also, a 3600 isn't enough stall for the cam that he is running which I think is a factor in you beating him...
Yep, exactly what I was trying to say without knowing the actual specifics on the cams/converters (I haven't owned an LS1 in 5 years and mine was an M6 and never cammed).

pissstain

Banned
Well my neighbor has been gunning to beat me ever since the first time I layed the smack down on him (Intake and exhaust 00' Z28). Well Heres the break down.

00' Z28 -
Cam (Not sure specs)
LS6 Intake manifold (He had a LS1)
Pacesetter LT's, Catless Midpipe,Slp lm1
Yank 3600 Stall, Trans cooler
UD Pulley
Lid, Smooth Bellow
Tune

03' Cobra Vert -
Bassani O/R X, and Catback
JLT Cai

We do two rolls, one from 50 and one from 60. From the 50 roll I get out on him and beat him by about 1 car or so.

From the 60 roll, he gets out a 1/2 a car or so, I reel him in and still beat him by about 1/2 car at 130.

Woo, this car runs good for being minimally modded.

I also beat a 400+ 97SS - Heads/Cam/Intake ect. - Beat him by about 1.5 cars.

I also ran dead even with a S-Cam full bolt on, m6 LS2 GTO (I had a passenger, he didnt) but he put down 430 or so on motor, he put it on me though when he sprayed on me.

I got a little weight reduction but nothing to vague.

Considering your packing an eye-popping 251 rwhp Cobra and an ungodly 277 rwtq, and are capable of sub-19 second 1/4 mile times at over 102 mph, at least according to yor profile, i'm surprised it wasn't even more of an ass kicking.:pepper:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Yep, exactly what I was trying to say without knowing the actual specifics on the cams/converters (I haven't owned an LS1 in 5 years and mine was an M6 and never cammed).

Thats true. Without knowing the specs of the cam and stall its hard to make an accurate judgement. I was just thinking that the ls1 should trap about 115ish in the 1/4 and i've never seen a I/E vert cobra trap that high. I wold think its somewhere around 112-113

Users who are viewing this thread