Cobra vs 347 stroker!!!

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
He's got pussy mods, but then a 347 stroker...

Whoever thought of that combo is an idiot. :poke: E7's SUCK BALLS stock, and you didn't mention anything about heads. A GT-40 is hardly the manifold you want if you are gonan build a 347 and want it to FLOW.

HE needs heads, his cam is weak, and needs a better upper/lower. THEN he will be putting the hurt on some CObras, as of right now he doens't have shit.

I love how all my fellow Fox-body guys are coming out of the woodwork :beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

TheMachWON

Established Member
97 cobra said:
I can't believe it. I thought i had the fastest mustang in school. Last night i raced my 87 gt with a 347 stroker and got waxed by a 97 Cobra with just exhaust and 410 gears. We hit 5 times and i lost each and every time. The 1st race we pulled fom about 35 in second gear and he pulled ahead by 2 car lengths. 2nd race we pulled from about 20 but i had my car in second gear and he had his in first and pulled on me badly. 3rd race we went from a 10 mph roll and i missed 2nd. the 4th and 5th race went about the same we pulled from 10 mph in first gear and when we clicked into third he would pull ahead by about a car and half. I thought he was an easy win. This is my first stang and my first time racing it. My rearend has been vibrating badly the past couple of weeks and i havent been driving it much at all. I'm hoping when i get my new rearend rebuilt or get a new one that the outcome of this race is different. I didnt go to sleep till 3 in the morning reading about how to race and shift etc.. My question is If my rearend was running perfect and i drove a little better would this guy have beat me?
p.s I was at the track when he ran 13.8 at 103mph.

This was posted by my victim..Each race we went to 110 and I was 1-2 cars ahead...I guess he was wrong.. :burn:

Before i bought the mach i had an 89 gt 347 10.1 compression, afr heads, systemax intake, comp cam, 3.55 gears full exhaust on a 95 degree day with no tuning what so ever i ran 11.82@117 w 1.70 60ft
im gonna have to raise the flag on this one........ :bs: :bs:

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
TheMachWON said:
Before i bought the mach i had an 89 gt 347 10.1 compression, afr heads, systemax intake, comp cam, 3.55 gears full exhaust on a 95 degree day with no tuning what so ever i ran 11.82@117 w 1.70 60ft
im gonna have to raise the flag on this one........ :bs: :bs:

SIgh, read the whole thread. READ PEOPLE READ, F UCK! :bash:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I was just looking at an '89 with a 347, 9:1 compression, Dart heads, GT40 intake, X303 cam, etc, and it was making 320/379 at the wheels. The 347 should've waxed him, but not too badly. BTW, this motor was built up well.

DrZacharyus

Banned
one of the 347's was put together in a junk yard and barely runs right after a tune he put down 240whp and 300 wtq i think

and the one 97 cobra raced is pretty sick, he bought it from two dykes that put it together (stupid women :xpl: )

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Tell him next time you two race he shouldn't run with the parking brake engaged. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread