Cobra vs 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo....Cobra VS Z06

03kevo

Established Member
Decided to take the car for a drive on sunday, weather was great 78* and AIT2 were at an all time low. Pull to the lights and i hear "What do you have done to that thing?" Kinda pisses me off calling my car that thing, when the car is fully brandishing its snake emblems and the word COBRA on the bumper. "Not much, just bolt-ins, but it has nice taillights, if you wanna look at them," I said with confidence, i mean the dudes car was an oversized salon. But we laughed it off. Once traffic started moving, i fell a little behind, only to be astonished that it was a Porsche. O...M...G. Gorgeous car nevertheless.
Once the road cleared, it was on. I started on second at 40mph. 2nd gear has won me many battles and this would not be any different. He beeped 3 times, and he quickly jumped ahead. By top of 2nd, we were door to door. I grabbed 3rd as i was running out of rpms. By mid 3rd i was a car a head. Jammed it into 4th. By mid 4th he started reeling me in slowly like a defiant fish, until we ran out of tarmac. We gave each others thumps up, and we rolled our different ways. For some reason, my car is having problems increasing leads, its runs out of steam or something. I checked my Methanol and it was working fine.

img504.jpg

3 Hours later.
Cruising down the highway, I look in my rear view mirror and i see this blue torpedo look-a-like object barrelling down the highway and i move over to let "It" pass. Walllaaaaaaa, its a CORVETTE. This corvette was like no other i have seen before. Big tires, loud 4 exhaust system, low to the ground, Biggest brakes i have yet to see in a car. Then he slows down.:dw:
I continue to maintain my speed and i finally get along side him. He rolls down his window, so do I. " You........vrrrrrrrr......run" He yelled. All i heard was run. "Sure why not" i screamed back. I honked 3 times. I started in my signature 2nd gear as usual looking to go 6-1 in my snake.
We both launched at the same time. JESUS.....CHRIST!!!! Even before i could finish my 2nd gear range he was 2 cars ahead of me. "God please help me find 3rd" i begged my creator. Boom! found 3rd with no incident. I knew i was going to reel him in, in my 3rd gear. But boy, was i wrong! His 4 car lead turned into 7, then buses' lenght, then by top 4th he was GONE!

I could not believe it! In my mind, there was noway i was supposed to lose like that after beating that porsche earlier. Once he slowed down to let me catch up, he yelled "What happened?" " "Ummmm....I....tract....missed..." I could not find an excuse for that kind of ass-whooping. With me dropping to 5-3, I quickly demanded a rematch. He was a cool dude, and he agreed. I asked for a "residential roll", which i got. Put it in second as usual with temptation to put in 3rd. Last minute, i quickly switched my tactic and decided to start on 3rd. Once we launched it was good night cobra. By top of 3rd he was 6 cars ahead. The rest of the race is history because I never saw him again.

My legs were shaking and buckling. Even though i was mad about falling down to 5-3, i knew it was time to make the car faster. Definately more power. I just have to figure out which direction to go with the car, with all the choices i have available that i can afford.
Excuse the short video, i was hoping to film this movie with my iphone, but it was kinda hard operating the clutch, gas, brake, shifting gears, steering, filming, driving. Way too much multitasking that i can handle. Just order GoPro cameras with the motorsports option for better videos. I hope to get it by this weekend, racing members from PA.

[YOUTUBE_BROWSER]mvgAwgtQY24[/YOUTUBE_BROWSER]

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nice kill/death. Panamera Turbos are arguably faster than the new CTS-V's so even a pullied cobra can have it's hands full with one.

03kevo

Established Member
Nice kill/death. Panamera Turbos are arguably faster than the new CTS-V's so even a pullied cobra can have it's hands full with one.

Yeah, it was pretty quick. There is a guy around here with a skyline that am hoping to run some day, which i know he would murder me in my current power state...:beer:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
You get pissed when people refer to your cobra as that thing? Thats weird but good runs

BlueSnake01

Established Member
looks like you have a "GOD LIKE " crack in your windshield!!!!
:lol1::lol:

O.P you have an older Cobra, looks like an ordinary Mustang with a V6 hood, to most they don't see a big difference. Even the 03/04 which look a lot different and stand out a lot more also get an ok praise. Being a Porsche owner, its not surprising as most don't care and see every Mustang as that, just a Mustang.

P.S
You sure your boost controller didn't run out of batteries against the Corvette race?

Sprayed2v

Established Member
Isnt this the same troll tht claimed he killed a GT500 ?

Yup, but looks like he's not trolling this time. No unbelieveable feats in this. curious as to why no wheelie against the Porsche. I mean u started I second like against the 500. And why not spray the 200 shot of meth???

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Can anybody zoom in on the first pic to see what state that plate is from on the Porsche? I saved it in case he tried to delete it.

img504.gif

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You get pissed when people refer to your cobra as that thing? Thats weird but good runs

+1...I thought that was weird too. The average person has no idea what a

Cobra is. Just wait until someone asks if that is a V6 Mustang?

My 99 cobra with the stock "Mustang" bumper gets the Fobra look all the time.

Established Member
Nice kill.

Does the Z06 have Delaware plates? I think I know that guy.

Never knew there was so much action on Route 1...

mbucky16

Established Member
Yup, but looks like he's not trolling this time. No unbelieveable feats in this. curious as to why no wheelie against the Porsche. I mean u started I second like against the 500. And why not spray the 200 shot of meth???
I kno right. I doubt we'll ever see the pics of the real car or anything else he claims has been done to it

Jroc

Established Member
It looks like South Carolina but I could be wrong

Doesn't look like SC to me. :??:

That Z06 had to be modded to hell and back to beat you like that....

You know seeing as how your car is capable of wheelieing 2nd on the streets, and pulling in a 2013 GT500 that has a multiple car lead on you, and everything. But who knows anything can happen on the streets right? Maybe you forgot to dial in some more PSI's with your boost controller, and the old Heaton wasn't spinning all that hard? Still I would of thought your 4link with the torque arm, and watts link/panhard bar setup would of really helped you hook good enough to get a good early lead on the Z. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread