Cobra: Totalled

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
i dunno what it is lately with the datsun's 240z's with the people wanting too put 5.0 cobra motors in them lol...by the time you buy the car, restore, and get that motor in thier and running you will want too kick yourself in the balls IMO..keep your cobra if the damage is minor who cares about the title? it wont affect how the car looks/performs lol...with that extra 2-3k you buy yourself a whole top end heads,cam and intake or a blower

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Venomous Cobra said:
keep your cobra if the damage is minor who cares about the title? it wont affect how the car looks/performs lol...with that extra 2-3k you buy yourself a whole top end heads,cam and intake or a blower
Yeah i dont get how some of you guys look at it like a ****in investment. 94-98 cobras arent worth much. In 5 more years its gonna be even less. yeah they go down in value. If the car is still sound or can be made sound then who gives a shit.

amorrow

Established Member
'69 or '70 SportsRoof Mustang...original is cool, or buy an incomplete car and do a 4.6 DOHC swap if you'd like.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Venomous Cobra said:
i dunno what it is lately with the datsun's 240z's with the people wanting too put 5.0 cobra motors in them lol...by the time you buy the car, restore, and get that motor in thier and running you will want too kick yourself in the balls IMO..keep your cobra if the damage is minor who cares about the title? it wont affect how the car looks/performs lol...with that extra 2-3k you buy yourself a whole top end heads,cam and intake or a blower

Because the 240z weighs in at around 2300lbs while as any newer mustang weights over 3,000. 260hp in a 240z is enough to keep up with a 03/04. It's actually easier than you think to swap a 5.0 in there. You just need to buy a 150 dollor crossmember with engine mounts, and make you own tranny mounts. Pretty cake, only thing is the electrical and fuel setup that will give people a hard time, and the occasional rust to.

351inside

Established Member
damn man sorry to hear that... but if you really like your car just keep it and mod the hell out of it... my just crashed mine too and im in the process of fixing it too...

coolguy10786

Established Member
69-70 Fastback FTW :rockon:

Use to have a 69 fastback, such a beautiful and fast car. Sell my car in a heartbeat for another. Hope to get my old one back in a few years.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah...don't EVER buy an RX-7.

unless it has an LS1 in it

attachment.php

(my buddies rx7)

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Doug said:
yeah...don't EVER buy an RX-7.

unless it has an LS1 in it

attachment.php

(my buddies rx7)

LS1 FDs are sex. If I had had the money to buy an FD roller/parts/etc and a DD, then I would have gotten it.

Im seriously debating trying to find a AC Cobra kit. That or the 240z. I talked to my neighbor who used to race for Shelby and he was telling me he was getting one soon too.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Well I know I brought up the 240z to your attention. But only get the car YOU want, not to impress other people.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Because the 240z weighs in at around 2300lbs while as any newer mustang weights over 3,000. 260hp in a 240z is enough to keep up with a 03/04. It's actually easier than you think to swap a 5.0 in there. You just need to buy a 150 dollor crossmember with engine mounts, and make you own tranny mounts. Pretty cake, only thing is the electrical and fuel setup that will give people a hard time, and the occasional rust to.
This is a good point. I was at the local road course last weekend and could not get around a Honda Civic Si hatchback. I was faster in the corners and all over his butt, but when we'd hit the straights we were dead even until I hit high 3rd, but then it was back hard on the brakes again. I spoke to him later and he said his car only weighed about 2000lbs and had the 197hp 2.0 liter Vtec engine. I have a 4.6 liter 305hp engine, but my car weighs in at 3300lbs. He had me by almost .5hp per pound. If it ever happens again, i'm going to brake later and force myself by him. This went on for five laps! Had he let me by in the straights I'd been at least half a lap past him at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread