cobra @ the track

kachup

Established Member
guys it was my first time taking it to the track...mods description is in the video...you guys think i could run in the high 11's :shrug: i just order some tire to help my nitto are gone :burn:

i rev up to 2500 rpm to launch the car should i go higher :shrug:
any little tips that would help ill appreciate it :beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxRR2n8wnA&feature=share"]03 Cobra - YouTube[/nomedia]

14spit3.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks for your time :rockon:

Last edited:

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
nice man, great run... i would tell you to stay at 2500... cause from exp... any higher i would be nervous to break the rear end... thats my opinion though.

kachup

Established Member
nice man, great run... i would tell you to stay at 2500... cause from exp... any higher i would be nervous to break the rear end... thats my opinion though.

yup i got stock irs just changed the cover and i was scare to break something...and thanks

Tims97SVT

Established Member

Bull!! Leave on that thing. Put some slicks on it and let the clutch out at 6-6500! Bone stock IRS and I leave at 6k on radials!

Op what's your mods? Do you have a pulley? Your trap mph looks a lil low for a pulley car.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It's Summer time and there's a bunch of power robbing heat out there. Wait until this Fall, get the car cooled down, and you'll run a 11.80 with the same 60'.

kachup

Established Member
thanks guy nope it got the stock eaton pulley but it got a idler pulley i also got full exhaust,diablo tune and bbk fender intake...

i want to get a 2.7 billet pulley

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
Bull!! Leave on that thing. Put some slicks on it and let the clutch out at 6-6500! Bone stock IRS and I leave at 6k on radials!

Op what's your mods? Do you have a pulley? Your trap mph looks a lil low for a pulley car.

Your launching at 6K with drag radials on the stock IRS? do you have a brace or anything? thats spooky... but at the same time good to know... Now i know im way in the safe ball park range :)

Grimster

Established Member
thanks guy nope it got the stock eaton pulley but it got a idler pulley i also got full exhaust,diablo tune and bbk fender intake...

i want to get a 2.7 billet pulley

Typically people that have the stock pulley dont have an idler pulley as well because they would still have the stock cage on there.

Your youtube video shows you make 440rwhp....I make less than that with a 2.76 pulley lol. Of course heat...different dynos....different BRAND of dynos..etc...etc...etc...

do you have any engine bay pics?

Nice 60' and great ET man. Just wait til the cooler air gets here and you will be ripping up 11's in no time!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Your launching at 6K with drag radials on the stock IRS? do you have a brace or anything? thats spooky... but at the same time good to know... Now i know im way in the safe ball park range :)

No brace, no bushings, no shocks, stock springs... Bone stock IRS! The way I see it is, either it going to go or it's going to break. If I'm going to the track it's all out or nothing. If I'm going to leave off idle or slip the clutch out of the hole then what's the point in going to see what the car does? But to be safer you should have a brace and you should have a slick. I just choose to run my car my way. Now granted I have 90% of what I need to build my IRS. Just need to get bushings from Bruce yet then I will install everything. Lastly I would not say your in the safe zone. Things break, that's just racing. You have to take a chance if you want to see what the car really does. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread