Cobra swap tuning issues

zacmustang03

Established Member
Hey there guys been a while since I posted anything in here. So my 2003 swap is complete and getting tuned. The tuner has run into an issue with my o2 sensors. He says there reading inconsistent and all over one minute there good the next there all over. Both sensors are new and so is the harness. Cars mods are

Posi Ported eaton 2.8 upper
2lb lower
Lfp throttle body
Lfp heat exchanger
60lb injectors
Cobra hat with duel walbaro 255lph
Duel fpdm
High boost cold air
2.5 in mac cat back
O/R x pipe
Egr delete
Rear o2 delete

I was looking for 500rwhp
The car is running fine when tuned in closed loop. But when he uses the sensors it goes all to hell. Any help would be appreciated thanks

zacmustang03

Established Member
uploadfromtaptalk1400473260479.jpg here is the car

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Who's tuning it? I'm doing the same swap right now, just waiting on my engine to get back from the machine shop so i can start finishing up.

That looks like the Bays at Stealth Performance.

03Steve

Established Member
Make sure they aren't crossed; i.e. driver to passenger / passenger to driver. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks. Make sure the engine compression is good.

In the meantime, there is no problem running the car in open loop (without oxygen sensors) 100% of the time. I have done it for four years now in my car.

Ourobos

Established Member
Why not tune the O2 sensors OUT of the equation? If you're burning a chip, there is no need for them with a good tune. They use their wideband to tune it and turn yours off totally.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Make sure they aren't crossed; i.e. driver to passenger / passenger to driver. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks. Make sure the engine compression is good.

In the meantime, there is no problem running the car in open loop (without oxygen sensors) 100% of the time. I have done it for four years now in my car.

They very well could be crossed I bought a new harness and that could be the issue I guess as well

zacmustang03

Established Member

How does your car run as far as part throttle etc. Did you suffer alot on the fuel consumption side?

03Steve

Established Member
My car runs well at all throttle positions. Best range I ever recorded was on a long road trip. 354 miles, one tank, open loop.

cj428mach

Established Member
OP I wouldn't run my car in open loop. Its not that heavily modded that you should have tune issues.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

I noticed when running my car in open loop the canister purge solenoid doesn't open releasing pressure from the tank. When driving long periods of time like daily driving you'd get a bit of fuel smell at times as the pressure built up enough in the tank to blow vapor out the vent hose by the filler cap.

Users who are viewing this thread