Cobra Suspension Into 91 Mark VII Lsc

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
I have a 91 Lsc SE Black/Black with 52,000 miles on it, needless to say the car is beyond clean and in imaculate shape so I am a proud new owner

My question to all of you is : Would the suspension from lets say a 96-98 Cobra swap into an older 91 Lincoln Lsc?

I'ver had numerous cobras over the years, 97s/03, and after I swapped the stock 97 suspension for a steeda/strange setup the car handled on rails and just really stayed planted in a corner. So I plan on doing the same kind of setup on this Lsc, of course the air ride is being tossed, I plan on a Strange Shock/Strut setup with Steeda Sport Springs/Steeda Weight Jacker lowers with adjustable uppers. New bushings all around yadda yadda.

I would imagine the front spindles can be swapped out for the newer 97 pieces there for allowing for a strut setup that would work, however the rear on my old 97 was a quad shock setup and this lsc is not (if that makes a difference.)

Any of you guru's that could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. I'm very mechanically inclined and have been a tech for far too long now, I wanted more opinions and possibly if it's been done before.

Thank you everyone!

Nick

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
You should put an IRS in it.

I am actually considering doing this as the Level 5 Irs I had in my 03 Cobra was great, however so was the built solid axle I had in my 97 Cobra, a dillema you see :)

My plans are street mostly with a track visit here and there just to see what my efforts can do, but able to hand out a whooping when it has to but maintain it's street manners. I want it to really handle in the turns too, but again maintain a decent/smooth "enough" ride.

Last edited:

BraMas

Established Member
I'm not a Mark VII expert but aren't they based on the Fox platform and therefore already have a 8.8 SRA in it. The only difference being the length of the axle but every other part being the same as a 96/98 Cobra/GT SRA. So what I'm assuming anything you can do to a Fox you can do to your VII?

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
I'm not a Mark VII expert but aren't they based on the Fox platform and therefore already have a 8.8 SRA in it. The only difference being the length of the axle but every other part being the same as a 96/98 Cobra/GT SRA. So what I'm assuming anything you can do to a Fox you can do to your VII?

Yes sir' you are correct, Fox, thunderbird/cougar platform which last time I checked, everything was interchangable. I do already have an 8.8 5 lug, just was curious to see if my steeda uca/lcas/springs/shocks/struts from my 97 cobra work bolt in since I had such a great success from them in that car.

The front will retain the factory lcas but have new 94-95 cobra spindles/and a beefy brake setup. The whole brake system is actually getting done over with dual pistons up front with 13"/single piston 11.65" out back.

Along with a T56 and Chrome 03 Cobra Replicas :) it should be a sweet setup until that turbo'd 347 gets dropped in. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread