Cobra starts but immediately dies out after intake swap

adelgado25

Established Member
Hey guys, looking for some input on what could be causing this problem. Tonight I swapped out my K&N ram air intake for a JLT cold air intake (not high boost intake). After the swap, I started the car, but immediately died out. Did it a few more times after checking vacuum lines and leaks but couldn't find anything wrong. Disconnected the MAF sensor and car started and stood running without hesitation. Before concluding that the MAF is the culprit, I reinstalled the K&N ram air, with MAF plugged in, and she started up and didn't have any problems running.

The car is tuned to accommodate pulley, ram air intake and flowmaster american thunder catback mods. Last week I swapped stock midpipe and flows for a catted bassani x pipe and borla stingers. With the said, is this something as simple as I need to have the car retuned to support the new exhaust set up with JLT cold air intake or is there something else going on here? Thanks!

TRBO VNM

Bet it is MAF clocking, but you need a new tune or tune checked at a minimum with the JLT intake. I have seen similar issues with a car not running because the MAF was rotated from where it was previously tuned at.

matth121

Established Member
if it is a clocking issue- i can tell you how mine is installed. the MAF connector should be closest to the tire or the back of the car, the fenderwell plastic, whatever... I think thats what the instructions say anyway. Mine went on without an issue- changed from stock to JLT CAI and it fired right up- did have a canned predator pulley tune on at the time but i don't think it had anything in it to account for the new intake. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread