Cobra Spoiler - Trunk LIGHT - Please Help!

Blinkstang

Established Member
Hello, looking for some help. I recently installed an 03' Cobra spoiler on my GT. I also purchased the Cobra wiring adapter for the LED brake light. Everything hooked up just fine, except I had one connection left over with nothing for it to plug into. Didnt think anything of it until I popped my trunk at night in my garage and couldnt see a thing inside the trunk compartment! So its obviously for the trunk light!

Question is, how do I connect one?? Can you guys take a look at how your trunk light is connected for me. I just have a connector left over on the harness. So i need to know where this trunk light attaches to?? (As I did not see anywhere would this would attach. On my GT brakelight it had a bulb directly attached to the back for the trunk). Also, is this bulb plugged into a socket that is then attached to the connection on the harness (like I have, left over)??

If anyone has a pic of the inside of their trunk, focused on the light that would be great!!

Thanks for all the help guys.

:rockon:

Note: This is on a 2002 GT trunk lid with 2003 Cobra spoiler.

My car with the mentioned parts (on the right obviously):

rears9ww.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
your OEM 3rd brake light had the trunk light built into it, does the 03 setup? Im not thinking it does, I think its a separate thing. Thus you will need to remove the 3rd brake light from the OEM hardness and match up the wires where it pluged in to the trunk wires. Then it will light just as it did before. You could just as well buy some sort of light and wire it up to keep from hacking up your brake light.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
don't have a pic but basically the trunk light in my cobra is like a standalone light that sort of clips into the deck lid and it can be unclipped and moved around a short distance. i think you may find a separate part number for that clip piece

(right now my trunk light does not work for some reason)

spoiler looks great on your gt, btw!

Blinkstang

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
I'll get a pic of mine. Hold on a sec.

-Blaise

Wow, thanks for the help!! Thanks for going out of your way to snap those pics for me, it is very appreciated! I just contacted Randy at MD and ordered the Cobra Trunk Light assembly, these pics will definitely help me install the part!

Thanks again for your help as well as others who posted!

Edgar

:bowdown:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Blinkstang said:
Wow, thanks for the help!! Thanks for going out of your way to snap those pics for me, it is very appreciated! I just contacted Randy at MD and ordered the Cobra Trunk Light assembly, these pics will definitely help me install the part!

Thanks again for your help as well as others who posted!

Edgar

:bowdown:

No problem Edgar. Randy is a good guy too. I've gotten many things from him. :coolman:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
you guys know where the mechanism/switch that turns the light on/off is located? what type is it?

thx for any feedback! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread