Cobra specs ??? HELP

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
I know there has to be someone here who can answer this question. Where can or how does a person go about digging up ALL the specs for ALL the different parts and components on our 03's??

Like for example I am looking at upgrading my ignition system for an MSD system. But in not knowing what is currently in the car,,,,,, meaning what the specs are for the OEM supplied ignition system how will I know when shopping for an upgrade that I am getting a better system than whats in there already.

So if anyone here knows how I can research all the info I will need over the coming months to access all the specs it will be appreciated.

thx

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
I know there has to be someone here who can answer this question. Where can or how does a person go about digging up ALL the specs for ALL the different parts and components on our 03's??

Like for example I am looking at upgrading my ignition system for an MSD system. But in not knowing what is currently in the car,,,,,, meaning what the specs are for the OEM supplied ignition system how will I know when shopping for an upgrade that I am getting a better system than whats in there already.

So if anyone here knows how I can research all the info I will need over the coming months to access all the specs it will be appreciated.

thx

Maybe this would help

Click Here

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I've heard a few guys using boost-a-spark in high hp applications, but there is no need for it unless you plan on running over 600rwhp.

I do not know of or heard of anyone using a msd system in their cobra. I'm not saying there isn't, but there are probably 15+ people on this forum making 500+rwhp with the stock ignition.

I bought that helms book last week. It's a little pricy at 140, but it has EVERYTHING in it. You can also get the service manuals on cd off of ebay for 20-40 bucks.

71stang99

Established Member
what is the search criteria for the cd? i have looked often ion wbay for cobra goodies and never seen the cd

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Cripes!! $136?
Be nice if there was a Cobra specific one. Hate wading through all the extraneous crap. Also like a book I can prop open on the Eaton while working. The CD don't cut it, running back and forth to the computer.

So I'm picky. Sue me. :)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
It would be nice if it was just the cobra, but its still a huge help. I got it a few months ago and its great. It helped me find the exact part/name of a part that needed to be replaced. So when I went to ford I could tell them exactly what was wrong so they couldn't BS me about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread