Cobra sold :( But new ride is now at home!!

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
IMAG0190.jpg

Got it for 3G under sticker. Searched for 3 weeks on auto trader all over the country and actually found it 90 miles away in a small town dealership. I love it!
The car is very quiet (not for long) and man does it handle!! looking forward to the boss track attack class in Utah later this year (comes with car)
It doesn't have the HP the cobra did, but I have seen where headers,CAI,exhaust give it 60 more HP which puts me back in the neighbor hood. I am going to uncork the quad exhaust tonight

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Is that a panoramic roof? ...or, just painted black?

I'm fascinated by these cars, but I'd have to ditch those fkin' wheels! Ford shit the bed with those, IMO.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
With that compression and forged internals it's begging for a blower :) Can you put the projector headlights from the 5.0's on it?

Fordman9870

Established Member
I can not compare the handling, The Boss is so well balanced it is unbelievable. and this is coming form the 90 miles on the way home. as far as the comparison HP. I really didn't get on it yet (break in period) but when i did push it a little the torque i was used to wasn't there. I went from 491tq (Cobra) at wheels to 380 tq at crank (Boss) But man this thing revs for ever. (7500 RPM) (and no i didn't rev it like that haha) I have also heard these 5.0 respond to mods just about as good as the terminators did.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I can not compare the handling, The Boss is so well balanced it is unbelievable. and this is coming form the 90 miles on the way home. as far as the comparison HP. I really didn't get on it yet (break in period) but when i did push it a little the torque i was used to wasn't there. I went from 491tq (Cobra) at wheels to 380 tq at crank (Boss) But man this thing revs for ever. (7500 RPM) (and no i didn't rev it like that haha) I have also heard these 5.0 respond to mods just about as good as the terminators did.

screw the break in process, i drove mine like i stole it the second i got it and its only helped.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Love the car! Congrats...but man those stock wheels are so ugly. Not sure what Ford was thinking.

Fordman9870

Established Member
Yea i guess the wheels will have to grow on me, they kinda look like wagon wheels. I would think some chrome leguna seca or fr500 would look nice. If i win the lottery maybe some TF

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

screw the break in process, i drove mine like i stole it the second i got it and its only helped.

Yeah, I heard that the 'break in period' is not needed anymore for these newer cars. People told me I didn't need to break in my Cobra. But you never know.

Fordman9870

Established Member
Awesome car! CONGRATS! :rockon:

If you had to replace the Cobra, you chose well.

I still have my 70 , you can see a reflection of it in this walk around.

Note never mind all the crap in the garage. I have the interior out and new waiting to go in the 70. and you will see all the boxes and stuff haha

th_MVI_0979.jpg

Last edited:

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
So tempted to pick one of these up!!! But I dont know , something is keeping back. . . .its probably the 40k LOL

Users who are viewing this thread