Cobra Shopping: Does this Look Stock to You?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Looks pretty good minus 3D Cobra! I would still get a carfax to see the history and make sure everything checks out. (Compression and such). Also, the market sucks, haggle with them! Good Luck!

ViciousJay

Established Member
that car has been sitting for awhile, i saw that thing on cars like 6 months ago and them wanting 28K for it, i laughed on the phone and hung up. The one way to tell if it was pullied is to pull the pulley cover and look for blower snout marks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Looks" stock, but never assume it has always been stock. It is not uncommon for people to put everything back to stock and then advertise the car as being bone stock. As noted in the post above, you can usually find signs in the engine bay of prior mods. If this has always been stock, that is a plus IMO. The price is a bit high, but not by much, judging by what these have been recently selling for. Definitely do all that you can to check it out thoroughly, especially if it has been sitting there for months waiting for a buyer. If there is nothing wrong with it and if it is in exceptional condition, consider offering them $21K and see if they accept it. Check it out first, though.

SBVERT03

Established Member
That car is about 15 minutes away from me. I've seen it from the road, it looks pretty nice!

mach1033

Established Member
From the pics it looks like its in great shape. Engine bay looks stock to me. Looks to be a real 10th anniversary. Maybe you can meet up with a local member on here to see if this car is legit

JDUB348

Established Member
Compression check it.. buddy of ours just bought an '03 (had 92,000 on it though) and it only holds like 120 compression on one of the drivers side cylinders :cuss: :bash: :nono:

Granted he only paid like $12,500 for it.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Tires look to be stock F1s, that has to be a good sign.

Other things;

- that 3d cobra emblem
- no front floor mats - factory style will set you back about $65 (or more)

- Make sure they have the convertible top cover / boot cover thing.

- check the exhaust and see if it is aftermarket.
- check for weld-in subframe connectors.

Otherwise it looks like a pretty clean car!

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Just cause the price is funny dont be scared. I just bought my 03 2 months ago for $24,000 and it had 3000 miles on it yes Three Thousand Miles. Deals are out there!

Users who are viewing this thread