Cobra Replacement Rotars/Pads

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Time to do my brakes so I stared looking at upgrading. Dont know why, brakes dont make you go faster:-D But i was wondering if anyone makes a rotor/pad kit(F+R) that is a direct replacement. Preferrably a notable brake company. I looked on places like Lethal, but didnt see anything that was a kit like I need. Any suggestions? Thanks.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I just ordered a set of powerslot rotors and hawk pads from buybrakes.com. They were real heplful on the phone, currently have a few specials going on, and had them to my door in three days. I would recommend ordering from them, best prices I have seen.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
make sure you get(borrow) a caliper tool for the rears.
also don't bother getting the rear caliper bracket off. you can get the rear rotors out without removing the caliper bracket.

Last edited:

Boosted0range

Established Member
what is this "caliper tool" you are speaking of? my drivers side rear pads were so bad that they dug way into my rotor, so i bought a replacement rotor, and hawk pads. The pads came today, so i took the wheel off, the two bolts that hold the caliper on, off, and poped the old destroyed pads off...now im somewhat stuck as in i cannot in any way get the piston to go back in, with a C clamp and everything....

Evan5469

Established Member
what is this "caliper tool" you are speaking of? my drivers side rear pads were so bad that they dug way into my rotor, so i bought a replacement rotor, and hawk pads. The pads came today, so i took the wheel off, the two bolts that hold the caliper on, off, and poped the old destroyed pads off...now im somewhat stuck as in i cannot in any way get the piston to go back in, with a C clamp and everything....

The rear pistons don't get pushed back in with a C-clamp like the fronts do. The rears have to be turned back in. If you notice in the piston there are 2 little grooves that a tool gets inserted into and you can then turn them back so your new pads will fit over your rotor. You can rent the tool from AutoZone.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What they said,get the tool.I`ve tried it with needlenose pliers,ended up buying the tool.
I`m running Baer rotors and Hawk pads.
007.jpg

Jefe

Established Member

Jefe

Established Member
Not to hijack but just had my rotors measured:

LF=1.078
RF=1.076
LR=.670
RR=.685

They said the front are just about done, need to be replaced but the backs are good still. What do stock ones measure and what thickness do they need to be replaced at? Best pad for street use besides the Hawks?

TireRack has the stock rotors for $285.11 shipped. Speed Concepts has them for $251.41 shipped, Anywhere cheaper?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...ategory=Rotors#PremiumBremboReplacement+Rotor
http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=787
http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=788

Those are the stock ones right ^?

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
The rotors should have a measurement either stamped in or raised numbers on them. That indicates the smallest measurement which is safe. If your rotors measure less than the value stamped on them, reputable shops will refuse to turn them. Generally, rotors are considered wear items and shouldn't be turned more than once if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread