Cobra R owners list part 3

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats to the newest triple crown winner!

NJ2000R said:
93R #38 has joined the other 2 R's in the paddock :rockon:
Darn it Ken! We need pics and details.
Who owned it? Races? Condition? What you going to do with it? Car #?
Regardless, it is a rare bird. Not many were raced (heck, not many were made :-D ).

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
It is probably THE most raced Cobra R, having run in the SpeedVision World Challenge series under the Program Motorsports name by owner/driver Walt Dethier of CT.....I have the original log book, complete with pics of the car as it arrived in its virgin condition, all comments from the tech inspectors over the years, a bunch of documents from Ford, SVT, etc - a very cool piece of history indeed!!!! :rockon: I also have everything that came off of the car, with exception of the glass and gas tank....of course it has had its racing boo-boo's over the years, but I do have most of the banged up parts with their respective VIN tags still on them....It has a replacement block (the original went ka-boom at some point in its racing history) and the "top secret" turbo swirl heads, of which only 5 sets are said to have been made....I believe the last dyno sheet info showed 364HP with the fuel injection, and higher numbers possible with a 2nd intake/carb/ignition system included....it has a full Griggs suspension (which I need to learn alot about) and all the usual spare race equipment, including brand new Hoosier S02's from 2001 :eek: and a few sets of 16" and 17" wheels....it's a complete turn-key package! :rockon: I was trying to get someone to bring it to Autobahn, but it just didnt pan out, being 800 miles away....I'm hoping to run it at LimeRock in June if all goes as planned....anyone want to come help out? :poke: ;-)

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
oops, I forgot to answer all of Doc's questions....once I have some more driving experience under my belt (and more spare time) I plan to run it in one of the race groups, either av8ss, northeast iron, or possibly vintage, lots of possibilities given its history....I'll attach some pics, of which you'll probably recognize it as one of the three on the beautiful shirts that scott provided - I was totally shocked to see the car on there! :D anyway, here goes:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow! That is a beautiful car with a very important history. It has all the documentation and original parts.

I was aware of a few 93R's in SCCA but had no idea there was a WC car.

It's a perfect vintage car with impresive credentials. :thumbsup:

Anyone think that a thread dedicated to the original R race cars would be interesting? I do. I'd like to see each one with all the racing details. I'd be for adding the documented clones as well.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
Anyone think that a thread dedicated to the original R race cars would be interesting? I do. I'd like to see each one with all the racing details. I'd be for adding the documented clones as well.
I agree, it would be nice to have a list with details on the cars with racing history....the 95R imsa guys have a yahoo group with some history, photos, questions, comments, etc

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Very Cool car Ken!! :thumbsup:

What does it weigh if you know?!? Just curious.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

I was told around 3100 pounds....I need to get a set of scales because this car can be weight jacked on the corners for different tracks....right now, its set up for LimeRock, so it has quite the right hand lean to it ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Saleenrose said:
New to your site, have 2000 R # 295. Im in Eagle, Idaho. Brent Rule

Greetings Brent! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site!!! This is the place to hang out for information regarding your "R". Are you a Track Dawg?

Bruce

Saleenrose

Established Member
I only get to do track days, the closest track to me is 450 miles away. I run with the mustang club in Portland, Or and I do Shelby track days in Vegas. I opened my own shop 5 yrs ago and suddenly ran out of free time. Wanting to get into it more again. I like the R, have only had for 2 weeks so have not run on track, I love to run lightning and watch as people wonder why they cant keep up. Porshe people are great. :loser: Brent

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Too bad you live so far away from track events! :( The '00 "R" is quite the awesome track car!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

b4409

Established Member
#77 is in Peoria, IL. Great car. See you at a midwest track!!! :thumbsup:

Bruce B

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
Welcome! You must have bought Todd's car?

P/S Check out the "how we got the R post........."
Doc

He didnt say what year it was did he....I'm guessing its a 2000R or maybe a 93R as I dont think Todd would part with his 95R! :shrug:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
NJ2000R said:
He didnt say what year it was did he....I'm guessing its a 2000R or maybe a 93R as I dont think Todd would part with his 95R! :shrug:

His sig has a '00R in it, but you never know, he might have already owned IT, and bought another "R".

Another $.02 worth.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
#36 was owned by me in 2003. I sold it to Ray Atkeisson and he now ownes it and it is highly tuned with Kenny Brown pieces. He runs some events with Scott Martin in Kansas City. I now own #214 which is relfected in the list.

Just thought I would put a name with the #36............Thanks Mike Anderson

Users who are viewing this thread