Cobra or Fobra?

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I was never a fan of Fobras. I'm cool with putting on the bumpers and such, but don't go around telling people it's an actual cobra.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I was never a fan of Fobras. I'm cool with putting on the bumpers and such, but don't go around telling people it's an actual cobra.
What if its a 99 or 01 Cobra with Terminator body? Kind of like my case except mine is more of a Terminator now lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sometime yes, and sometimes no.

It can be easy, or difficult to tell a real Terminator from a Fobra (or clone) without checking the VIN. Some have performed a few exterior, interior, and engine/drivetrain mods while others have gone all out with a complete Terminator power/drive train/interior/front end/rear bumper swap. IMO it's all good unless you try to deceive someone (especially a potential buyer) into thinking it's a real '03-'04 Cobra. Beyond that, call it whatever you want; just be up front that it's a Fobra or Terminator clone. JMO. It's really no different than a '69 Camaro converted to a Yenko Camaro. Done all the time. And most of them look SO real. So for someone who can't afford a real Yenko, a clone is the next best thing.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Yeah, I mean, if its a cobra its a cobra. No problem there. The video is to help you figure out if its a real terminator, but nothing wrong with terminator parts on 99/01 (or even any GT).. but don't be swapping Cobra badges onto a GT.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
What if its a 99 or 01 Cobra with Terminator body? Kind of like my case except mine is more of a Terminator now lol

It's a real cobra. That's all that matters!

Yeah, I mean, if its a cobra its a cobra. No problem there. The video is to help you figure out if its a real terminator, but nothing wrong with terminator parts on 99/01 (or even any GT).. but don't be swapping Cobra badges onto a GT.

Exactly.

ACoulter08

Established Member
Enjoyed the Video! Not sure if mentioned but also don't forget about the Folding Side Mirrors. Trying to start up a Channel myself!

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Folding mirrors also came on the anniversary gt's/v6's. I dislike fobra's but some of the fakes floating around on this site have everything you listed done to their cars. The vid is nice for the cars that may have just put the bumpers and emblems on but for those few who have added everything its going to be hard to tell.

u1cobra

Established Member
Nice video!

I think no Fobra in my country but a dozen or more Felby? FT500? running in my country.:D
Most of those cars based on 2007-09 V6, few are based on GT, most of those cars have all GT500 parts except wheels(installed Shelby Razor wheels), but some of those cars have genuine GT500 wheels.
The cars are made by some import dealers.:mad:
When I saw 07-09 Shelby, I always watching at closely it's real or fake?;)

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Folding mirrors also came on the anniversary gt's/v6's. I dislike fobra's but some of the fakes floating around on this site have everything you listed done to their cars. The vid is nice for the cars that may have just put the bumpers and emblems on but for those few who have added everything its going to be hard to tell.

Yeah, better look for the Y, P48/49 on the VIN. By far the easiest way

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread