Cobra loan

rw93cobra

Established Member
Today I find out if my buddy who I bought my 01 cobra from is going to be able to buy it back. If he is able to get a loan for it, I will have close to 2K after paying it off to put towards a terminator. I checked Nada value for a 03 with 40K miles and I believe it was alittle over 19k. I was wondering with decent credit, how close to or even over book value are others being able to finance? I believe with winter on its way, I'll be able to get a better deal on one vs waiting till spring. I just wish I haven't spent so much on my foxbody the past few months so I'd have more to put down, but if I have to wait till later to buy one thats fine.

sc98cbra

Established Member
You can find them a lot cheaper. There are plent of 04 cobras equipt with whipples at 30k miles for 19.5k

Id pay no more than 18.5K for that cobra you're looking at.

jandmmustangs

Established Member
With a 730+ credit score i still had to put like 2k outta pocket. I went through capitol one for my loan (my local bank wouldnt touch the car, said it was only worth 10K.) I still got a good, not great rate 6.5%.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
These cars can only be financed for a term of 4 years at most local, community banks. Credit unions could possibly go to 5 years. I dropped $4k on mine earlier this year so I could get my payment down since it was financed for only 4 years.

sc98cbra

Established Member
These cars can only be financed for a term of 4 years at most local, community banks. Credit unions could possibly go to 5 years. I dropped $4k on mine earlier this year so I could get my payment down since it was financed for only 4 years.

I had my 04 financed at 0% for the first year and 5% for the next 5 years after that.

Was a 6 yr lein.

SpectorV

Established Member
banks generally loan 80% of book value, nada is not a bad place to start but a call to the bank can get you the loan amount~

Users who are viewing this thread