Cobra Jet Wreck

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Good thing he wasn't driving a COPO. Probably would have done a back flip, trying to launch like that.

mr2cam

Established Member
Can someone tell me the Cobra Jets come stock with a transbreak? I know that the COPO's do not, or at least they don't have a button for one, havn't looked at the valve body yet.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I was there when it happened (the video is from a member of my club)... that was something else. The guy in the left lane is a member of my club and thankfully had the wits about him to hit the brakes. From what I hear, the owner of the Cobra Jet is planning to rebuild, but that's just hearsay. Didn't sound like there was a lot of actual damage aside from the fenders, bumper, radiator and support. Gotta pay to play I suppose... IMO if he can afford to race a $100K car, he can afford the $10K of repairs.

mr2cam

Established Member
I believe both do.

Interesting, I will have to go to my friends place when he has his COPO on the rack and check to see if there is a solenoid on the valve body. I didn't think they were allowed in a stock eliminator class, I know in Super Stock you can use them.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I disagree – I understand there's an inherent risk when participating in racing.

But assuming someone has extra money to make expensive repairs strictly based on how much the sticker price of the car was is faulty logic regardless how much the car costs. I track my car but I certainly can’t afford a major accident...I'm lucky to track it once a month during the summer due to the costs of consumables. The same could apply to an individual with a $100K car.

My point is that it’s bad to assume someone has “enough money to fix it” only because he has an expensive car. We have no idea how hard he worked to purchase it. Just a lesson in life my father taught me after he caught me stealing a Mercedes Benz hood ornament.

I'll concede that my initial comment was a bit harsh but the underlying message remains.

flattrack53

Established Member
Maybe he will make enough money off of subscribers and likes on youtube to fix the damage on the car.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
what a BADASS launch, too bad he sucks at doing donuts

I would cry if I wrecked my cobra jet, and then hit the strip club.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I disagree – I understand there's an inherent risk when participating in racing.

But assuming someone has extra money to make expensive repairs strictly based on how much the sticker price of the car was is faulty logic regardless how much the car costs. I track my car but I certainly can’t afford a major accident...I'm lucky to track it once a month during the summer due to the costs of consumables. The same could apply to an individual with a $100K car.

My point is that it’s bad to assume someone has “enough money to fix it” only because he has an expensive car. We have no idea how hard he worked to purchase it. Just a lesson in life my father taught me after he caught me stealing a Mercedes Benz hood ornament.

I'll concede that my initial comment was a bit harsh but the underlying message remains.

Keep in mind it's a $100k Mustang with no VIN number that can never be used for anything except racing or show.

That hints pretty strongly at easy access to disposable income.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread