Cobra Jet intake with 123mm MAF

Yagermeister

Established Member
Changed out the cold air intake, maf, filter, and breathers today. I was able to secure a rare 5" original CJ cold air tube so had to get a bigger maf to match ;) ...the 123mm maf. Went with JPC Racing breathers to eliminate some pcv tubes. Pretty happy with the results. Changed the tune and it started right up and idled where I wanted it with no ill effects. Will be painting the silver stripes on the fuse box cover matte black to match the CJ intake. Off to the track soon for numbers with pump gas!

Here's my old Boss setup with C&L CAI and 85mm TB:
IMG_20130703_145540.jpg

Here's my old CJ setup with a modified 2010 GT Airaid intake:
2010Airaid.JPG

Here's my new setup with the 5" CJ CAI, 123mm MAF, SCJ tb, and CJ intake and JPC Racing breathers:
IMG_20131118_205839.jpg

For the best prices on Mustang parts call Steve @ Tasca!

For a list of all of my mods please visit my website at: Brent Yager's 2011 Mustang GTCS - Home

:rockon:

Yagermeister

Established Member
Blazer707, there were supposedly only a few extras made for the 3 NA CJs produced in 2013 and a few of us managed to secure them before they were scrapped.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Looks sweet! What kind of times have you run recently? I have been off for a while so I didn't know if you have run it with the converter and this set-up yet.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Do you know if there are any more of those intake pipes left?

I am fairly confident there are none left :(

Looks sweet! What kind of times have you run recently? I have been off for a while so I didn't know if you have run it with the converter and this set-up yet.

Hope to be getting to the track within the next 2 weeks :coolman:

Voltwings

Established Member
how does that intake setup perform on the street

Meaning low speed driveability / MAF voltage stability / cruising down in gear?? These were all issues my previous vehicle had when scaling the MAF beyond a certain point, and im assuming the same problems those with big ass intakes are having?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Man that looks great so much better than the other options you ran.

twistedneck

Established Member
Yagermeister that looks insane and its going to make some huge power. when are the cams going in to match it?

is there any negative with breathers vs. pcb? i would like to do the same thing, my custom made cai only has an MAF attachment, no extra breather holes.

ford20

Established Member
I am fairly confident there are none left :(
Awwww damn :( .... You Texas boys get to have all the fun
Meaning low speed driveability / MAF voltage stability / cruising down in gear?? These were all issues my previous vehicle had when scaling the MAF beyond a certain point, and im assuming the same problems those with big ass intakes are having?

I'm curious about this as well.

Yagermeister

Established Member

Voltwings, low speed driveability is just like stock. Remember this is a billet MAF created by Accufab for Ford Racing. It has been measured 10 ways from sundown and Ford Racing has the MAF transfer function available so there is no guessing on what the surface area is or any need to recreate a MAF transfer function for your tune. Any custom pipe requires that kind of work and is usually where the driveability issues come in.

Man that looks great so much better than the other options you ran.

Thanks I agree 100% :)

Yagermeister that looks insane and its going to make some huge power. when are the cams going in to match it?

is there any negative with breathers vs. pcb? i would like to do the same thing, my custom made cai only has an MAF attachment, no extra breather holes.

I have the 11mm/290* exhaust cams that will be going in over the winter.

Being NA I don't think there is a negative to running breathers and no pcv. The Cobra Jets, Boss 302S and R cars all use the vented catchcan assembly which in effect is the same and they do not have ring sealing issues that I have heard ;)

Damn that's clean man. Making me want a CJ intake lol

Thanks! I would get one for looks if nothing else!

Looks great!

Thanks!

Awwww damn :( .... You Texas boys get to have all the fun

I'm curious about this as well.

ford20, that was merely a coincidence but yes everything is bigger in TX ;)

Wow lucky guy! Bet you put down some great #s

Won't be any dyno running here...I track tune :)

:rockon:

momogt

Established Member
Looks good. How much did that cai set you back?

your boss 302 intake setup was there really any low and loss that you notice. i ask because i want to try the boss setup for the street i have 4.10,s exhaust work tune my plan is to get a 85mm tb,cai, boss 302 intake, shaftmaster driveshaft i would think with the 4.10,s i wouldnt notice any lowend loss on the street?

Users who are viewing this thread