Cobra jet cam tuning results - big HP bump from vct tune alone thx AED

twistedneck

Established Member
This is a cam tune only, my car was already dialed in for AF and spark... it was running a cam schedule that I provided Shaun from the original Ford cam engineer. That worked as a good baseline but there was more power to be had.

Here is the dyno curve, first run is with my old cam tune, second run is after about 10 -12 dyno pulls by Steve at Vector, Shaun sent him remote tunes based on dyno curve and sct log feedback

dyno-aed-vector.jpg

Here is the engine.
aed-vector-tune.jpg

The process went smoothly and resulted in a lot more gain than I expected, I thought it was 5-10hp away and just playing with flat spots in the curve and avg power increase.. wrong. gained 23 HP and 12 TQ all the way up. best part, it was still climbing at 7400 - we just shutdown because I have stock rods and pistons.

That is a Drew custom CAI and Greg from Vector did the installs and added the factory looking pcv setup. These cars make power, but now it simply wont hook even in 3rd. stupid mt82 ratios don't help.

Last edited:

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Nice work! Getting ready to do the CJ intake as well. Going with CJ Exhaust Cams and Kooks headers with AED Tuning. Glad to see Shaun dial in those cams.

Voltwings

Established Member
My Cobrajet is hopefully going on Next weekend, I baselined my Stock m6 GT at 380 whp, and would like to be in the 440 ballpark on stock headers and lethal Catless H-pipe. Damn they're sexy lol, pictures do the sheer size of this thing no justice, this is a HUGE manifold and throttlebody.

twistedneck

Established Member
Thanks everyone, I was really impressed. Watching the digital display on the dyno it stopped taking data on the graph but climbed up to 492.9 HP at one point in that final run. its crazy fast, with the 3.73 and street tires 1-2 and most of 3rd are pointless. :)

stock bottom end except oil pump gears from MMR.
cj cams, boss heads, kooks headers. Sounded like a freaking cup car on the dyno with that long NA pull to high r's.

twistedneck

Established Member
I have these dyno runs of an earlier run before the cam tune, it was a 466hp 399tq run. the only thing that changed was it got a little louder with the cam tune.

back with boss intake and 85mm bbk tb, 93 octane. 440hp, 372 tq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoKYIwBLSU

with cj mani, scj monoblade tb, e85, and drew cai - 466hp, 399 tq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2pen1Weck

same as above but with AED cam timing tune - 489hp, 413tq.
- no video but looked just like the other video.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
nice numbers I just installed my CJ manifold today but didn't get to start it :(. Im also looking to be around 440-450rwhp getting it dyno tuned next week hopefully the shop will be able to reach those goals

twistedneck

Established Member
nice numbers I just installed my CJ manifold today but didn't get to start it :(. Im also looking to be around 440-450rwhp getting it dyno tuned next week hopefully the shop will be able to reach those goals

whats your full combination Ingot5.0? is it a dyno jet or mustang? usually there is a consistent 8% offset with the Mustang measuring 8% lower than the dynojet, assuming both are using a correction factor.

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey the shop uses a mustang Dyno and noticed most cars run a little low on there. My set is the following:
Ported CJ
Ford racing super CJ throttle body
Drew'S 4.5" CAI
Lethal off road Hpipe
Lethal over axle pipes
Borla S type ab
Diss aluminum one piece

I'm hoping for 440 area I might to headers eventually

Charlie M

Established Member
I have these dyno runs of an earlier run before the cam tune, it was a 466hp 399tq run. the only thing that changed was it got a little louder with the cam tune.

back with boss intake and 85mm bbk tb, 93 octane. 440hp, 372 tq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoKYIwBLSU

with cj mani, scj monoblade tb, e85, and drew cai - 466hp, 399 tq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2pen1Weck

same as above but with AED cam timing tune - 489hp, 413tq.
- no video but looked just like the other video.[/QUOTE

very cool!!!!!!!!

96lasersvt

Established Member
Thanks everyone, I was really impressed. Watching the digital display on the dyno it stopped taking data on the graph but climbed up to 492.9 HP at one point in that final run. its crazy fast, with the 3.73 and street tires 1-2 and most of 3rd are pointless. :)

stock bottom end except oil pump gears from MMR.
cj cams, boss heads, kooks headers. Sounded like a freaking cup car on the dyno with that long NA pull to high r's.

Are your boss heads and cj intake stock or have they had some work done on them?
Thanks. Nice numbers.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
nice. i'm debting on doing the CJ setup w/ drews intake, comp stage 3 cams, 4c stall, headers/ORx, gears, etc. im wondering how it'll do being i'm auto with the cams.

Users who are viewing this thread