cobra is under water

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss, but at least you and your girls are safe. You have a long road ahead of you to get your life back to normal as it was before all of this and I wish you and everyone else in your situation the best. If you need care packages, please let us know.

Lucky D

Lucky D's Cobra
Established Member
You did the best thing and got your family out of there. You will find another Cobra or we will all help when the time is right for you.
God bless and best of luck.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Glad you made it out man, I've fooled with plenty "water cars" before but salt water is another story, see what the insurance co. wants for it, the shell and some parts may be worth it. It would make a good racecar starting point.
Matter of fact, let me know and I may want it.

Once again, glad you made it out.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Wow, I'm glad you and your family made it out as well! I can't even begin to imagine what its like for you and the rest of the people that are going through this. Its one thing to lose a car or cars, but to lose your house and everything you ever had. At least you are alive

love bandit2

Established Member
I know a guy who bought a viper for really cheap because it was submerged in SALT water for a period of time... his dad owns a body shop and they restored it.. this was a few years ago, and it still looks like new.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Like the others mentioned Chuck its good that you and your family made it out. I will keep your family in my prayers and all the other victims of Katrina. The cobra will be a total probably but you could buy it back and buy a cheap 95-98gt shell and build a dedicated auto x car

mustangrmyk

Mustang Maniac
Established Member
Everyone else has said it well. Sorry about your loss but glad you and your famile are allright. When everything is settled up, go get a faster one! Best of luck to you.

RedPitBull

Established Member
hi everyone...chuck here....i lived in meraux, la...thats in st bernard....horror stories...i,m in ft walton with family(so lucky)....now looking to buy a ranger pu truck to use when they ever let us back in...oh man,me driving a 4 cyl small truck ....again, thanks for all the good words everybody has given me on this forum...believe me when i tell you how it has helped with my outlook of what has happened......later, chuck

svtdriven

Established Member
consider that car a total loss. if it's under that stagnant water for a month, you will not want it back. Even if you saw it and it wasn't all that bad. it is going to corrode and fall apart at an accelerated rate. buy another cobra, and you will enjoy it as much as your old one. Glad to hear that you are ok and in good health.

Users who are viewing this thread